Shure Unveils New AONIC Line Of Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones & True Wireless Earphones
Jan 6, 2020 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22
Matt Engstrom from Shure contacted me the other day to let me know that they'd be announcing a new line of wireless ANC (active noise canceling) headphones and true wireless earphones called AONIC.

The over-ear Shure AONIC 50 will have 20 hours of battery life per charge, and, as someone who counts heavily on ANC headphones for flying, I am very curious to hear how they'll compete with the likes of Sony's WH-1000XM3 and the Bose NC700. Given that the AONIC 50 is by Shure, I have high hopes.

The Shure AONIC 215 True Wireless Sound Isolating Earphones have a form factor that reminds me of a refinement of the Fostex TM2 form factor. It has MMCX connectors, so you can swap out the earphones with other MMCX-equipped IEMs. The AONIC 215 has up to eight hours of battery life per charge, with an additional three full charges in its case.

I don't have any additional information at this time, other than that they'll be available this spring, and these high-resolution photos:

Aonic50_TW1_onWhite_wLabels copy.jpg

Shure will be sending us the AONIC 50 and the AONIC 215 at some point prior to the release date, and we'll update with impressions and measurements then.

Jan 6, 2020 at 12:43 PM Post #4 of 22
Will keep an eye on these for use with my SE846's if they are LDAC BT.

Jan 7, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #5 of 22
will they sell just the mmcx bluetooth adapter instead of including the obviously SE215 there? it looks pretty small, so prob charging it in the case gonna be a problem with other, bulkier MMCX IEM attached, tho i can imagine slightly bigger design on the case would make it more universally compatible for that purpose.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #7 of 22
Looks like you can disconnect the mmxc and just plug those little dacs in other mmxc type iems.

Looks that way. I'd be happy if they could ditch MMCX in favor of something more reliable though.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 22
It will be interesting. Been looking for a new noise canceling headset. Really like the Dali, but doesn't fit. Hoping this will match, or surpass (even better), the Dali's in sound while having a more intelligent shape.

Jan 8, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #10 of 22
Looks that way. I'd be happy if they could ditch MMCX in favor of something more reliable though.
If you don't mind, please tell me a bit more about MMCX reliability. I ask because I purchased the Fostex TM2 and the MMCX arrived broken from the frame (I returned it). When I am at CanJam, my brain gets confused because the headphone and spins in the MMCX connector and I can't coordinate the earloops. I own the JH Audio Layla and have missed out on the MMCX connector experience.

The Aonic 215 looks good in photos and concept. By the numbering of 215 I would guess it is a low-end IEM and the MMCX allows the user to upgrade.

Jan 12, 2020 at 6:22 AM Post #12 of 22
They should fire their designers. Especially the MMCX adapter looks hideous. Too many good sounding and good-looking TWS options out there.

One persons hideous can be another person beautiful! Humans are a varied bunch.

Jan 14, 2020 at 11:37 AM Post #13 of 22
I'm so excited about the BT adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back