1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shure SRH840: Hey Canadian HeadFiers...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by palpatine, Dec 5, 2009.
  1. Palpatine
    You can pick up these cans in many places in the States for the suggested $199.99 . In fact you can get these from J & R for $150 if you phone and request a better price. Problem is that you are still paying a fair bit for shipping.
    Most places on ebay sell them for around $200 US plus shipping...the cheapest I saw was for $199 and that included shipping...around $209 Canadian.
    I went to Future Shop today and brought a print out from J& R quoting the $200 suggested price. On it I wrote in pen, phone-in price was $150, and $40 for shipping. I asked the guy that came up to me if I could get these phones that were on for $250 Canadian at Future Shop for $200 plus tax. He went to his computer, came back and said sure (Shure!) ...no problem.
    Now these cans may have gone on sale at Future Shop anway, but I was happy to get a deal, and keep my business local. These are awesome cans... worth far more than $200 to me.

2. Ntropic
    And I know the SRH440s sell for $100 in-store, no sale or anything. I don't think that price has changed.

If you want the 840 pads, they're $20USD from Headphone Solutions. You'd have to ask about shipping; I don't think some pads are worth the $30 for shipping that Headphone Solutions charges minimum, internationally.

3. archimeaties
    The SRH440 are showing $120 on Future Shop's website. The other option is Mostly Digital who has them for $90 (without shipping, and currently out of stock...)

Looks like I'll be getting them as my own threads don't attract much attention [​IMG]

Think I could get the same sort of price match?

4. zeromacro
  5. Palpatine
    Hey...nice find...thanks for the link