Shure SRH240 Unboxing
Aug 4, 2009 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

SchneiderStudios

500+ Head-Fier
Got these today and tried them on, i dont like them at all. not the sound quality and not the build quality, i didnt get much sound isolation either.

Shure really didnt invest in their package design. you get what you pay for..
edit: high quality is uploaded. i didnt have time to upload in Hd sorry.
Here is the first unboxing:
YouTube - New Shure SRH240 Headphones unboxing

Enjoy!

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #3 of 35
Yeah i was a little embarrassed to even do an unboxing. you can see my monster turbine unboxing and the packaging looks official.
I think i will get the Monster beats, ive used them and they sound really good and their packaging is wonderful..

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:44 AM Post #4 of 35
thanks for the video. packaging does look cheap compared to their iem models

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:50 AM Post #6 of 35
Thanks for the video. Too bad it was such a disappointment to you, I was actually hoping that good things were said about this headphone. Ohwell, I guess I won't be expecting much at all when they finally come out in Australia and when I go audition them.

Can you elaborate on why they sound so bad to you? Eg. muddy bass? Unclear highs/mids?

And are they circumaural and comfortable? Because I think they are meant to be but you said you didn't experience any isolation at all.

Aug 4, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #7 of 35
well the bass is very thin and not strong or normal at all, i get a little distortion with the songs i played (high quality itunes songs) no they are not comfortable also because they are designed badly. well i tried the monster beats before and they have way more sound isolation then these. they have a very cheap plastic feel.. what do you think you could get for $50 lol i should have known better..

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:22 AM Post #8 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well the bass is very thin and not strong or normal at all, i get a little distortion with the songs i played (high quality itunes songs) no they are not comfortable also because they are designed badly. well i tried the monster beats before and they have way more sound isolation then these. they have a very cheap plastic feel.. what do you think you could get for $50 lol i should have known better..

You certainly don't hold back on your feelings i'll give you that.

That old saying "I say it as I see It" certainly applies to you.

Aug 4, 2009 at 9:34 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You certainly don't hold back on your feelings i'll give you that.

That old saying "I say it as I see It" certainly applies to you.

you will know if you try them.

Aug 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM Post #11 of 35
I guess I can just about take the SRH240 of my "want-list", but I'm still gonna go audition them though just in case when they come in. Now my hopes lie on the SR440 lol
tongue.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Cheap packaging, I'm probably gonna spring for a higher up model at this point but my question is, you like the monster turbines and beats by dre... how does that affect your judgement in terms of bass?

Further more there are no HQ itunes songs, their best compression at the moment is 256kbps (still waiting for them to go lossless then, I'll buy their stuff). Not like it matters really since distortion is distortion -if you don't hear it with one pair of headphones but you do with another then its the headphones not the song.

Have you auditioned other headphones before? Anything from the sennheiser, grado, akg lines?

And what distortion did you hear? I hope its not a problem with the other models.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #14 of 35
I personally never understood "unboxing" reviews... You take it out the box and chances are you dont see the box again until it's time to sell it, or return the product. THATs if you keep the box. I've seen good products come in cheap boxes and crappy products come in good packaging. Guess the old saying..dont judge a book by it's cover is how I live my life.

Aug 4, 2009 at 3:55 PM Post #15 of 35
29 seconds of annoying useless pictures on the video.

Quote:

I personally never understood "unboxing" review

Mac owners :wink: Who cares how it's boxed as long as it's protected. I'd rather have plain brown box than expensive fancy packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back