Shure sleeves fit UM2?
Nov 21, 2008 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 10

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes they do and people use them that way but I find them to be too loose. Plus Westone's do not have a barb to secure the tip. I have lost Shure tips in my ears without the nozzle attached so I no longer use Shure tips on my UM2's.

The Westone nozzle is just a tiny bit narrower than the Shure nozzle so they tend to be a little loose and this makes me uncomfortable. It's pretty frightening having a tip come off deep into your ear canal.

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #5 of 10

silverknit3

100+ Head-Fier
They do fit, I use the modded Shure triple flange for mine. The tips are looser than Shure's but I've never had troubles with mine coming look in my ear.

Nov 22, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 10

fredman22

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Either one is a loose fit.

??? I use Shure grey softip PA758L (for almost 3 yrs on my UM2s) and they fit snugly on the nozzles. Are you using a different model or has there been a revision in either?

fredman22-albums-my-gear-picture1055-um2-pa758l.jpg

(stems slightly trimmed & apertures beveled via X-acto)...

Nov 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #8 of 10

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
Grey silicone or black olive. I found either to come off the UM2 with almost no effort. The only thing I can surmise is that;

- I prefer a deep tight insertion so they are suceptible to being pulled off.
- perhaps the inner sleeve or nozzle itself had a slippery film on it.

In any event I just prefer the regular size complys on the UM2 over any other tip. I don't have much earwax and keep my ears pretty clean so I find them to work best for me.

Nov 22, 2008 at 5:14 PM Post #9 of 10

fredman22

100+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grey silicone or black olive. I found either to come off the UM2 with almost no effort. The only thing I can surmise is that;

- I prefer a deep tight insertion so they are suceptible to being pulled off.
- perhaps the inner sleeve or nozzle itself had a slippery film on it.

In any event I just prefer the regular size complys on the UM2 over any other tip. I don't have much earwax and keep my ears pretty clean so I find them to work best for me.

Hmm. Compared to the Ety4Ps my UM2s have a very shallow insertion, requiring larger tips for a proper seal. I do have one nozzle that feels a bit more 'slippery' than the other (despite my best efforts to clean the outside of both nozzles equally with various mild cleaners), but both tips easily stay firmly attached w/o fear of coming off in the canal. It only goes to show how personal the fit is for IEMs and each person... Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread