Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2020 at 12:49 PM Post #21,136 of 22,942
Have you folks tried the dual-flange SpinFit Cp240 eartips? If not, you ought to. They isolate almost as well as foam, but don't cause as much treble roll-off. You'll need to use the little adapters on the stems to get them to fit on the nozzles of the SE846, but they don't go soft and icky like foam tips do. They should pretty much last forever.

There's something else you might find interesting. No special filter mod needed here - just stock white filters used with Cp240 eartips. The SE846 ranks #3 according to the Harman metric - above most other $2000+ IEMs :)

hypethesonics.com/iemdbc_search

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #21,137 of 22,942
Have you folks tried the dual-flange SpinFit Cp240 eartips? If not, you ought to. They isolate almost as well as foam, but don't cause as much treble roll-off. You'll need to use the little adapters on the stems to get them to fit on the nozzles of the SE846, but they don't go soft and icky like foam tips do. They should pretty much last forever.

There's something else you might find interesting. No special filter mod needed here - just stock white filters used with Cp240 eartips. The SE846 ranks #3 according to the Harman metric - above most other $2000+ IEMs :)

Unfortunately, those ear tips really hurt my ear canals. The smaller flange is almost like a disc, and it cuts into the sides of my ear canal.

Nov 24, 2020 at 1:46 PM Post #21,139 of 22,942

I got sensaphonics ear sleeves for my SE846 IEMs. I love them because I usually have a fit problem due to the shape of my inner ear. So, I don't use ear tips for them anymore. Oddly enough, I now use my SE846s like noise cancellation earphones when I need to get away from noise.

I also have Vision Ear VE8s and so I use several types of ear tips with them. I use the Symbio type F and W foam and hybrid tips. The foam tips work best for me for seal. The sound is very warm and bass heavy. I use Spinfit CP145 tips when I want a brighter sound. I'll have to try the CP240s to see if they fit my ears better. But, in general, I like the spinfit ear tips. They fit well and are very comfortable.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #21,140 of 22,942
The Cp800 were recently replaced with newer versions with softer silicone. Fingers crossed the same thing happens with the Cp240...

Are they still called the CP800 (is it still the same model number?). Have you tried the new CP800s by any chance? Now I am curious and may want to try these new softer ones.

Nov 24, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #21,141 of 22,942
Are they still called the CP800 (is it still the same model number?). Have you tried the new CP800s by any chance? Now I am curious and may want to try these new softer ones.
I have the newer models and they're definitely better. The model name hasn't changed, but SpinFit claim all Amazon stock over here in the US is now updated with the newer soft silicone versions. Not sure about outside the US...

Nov 24, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #21,142 of 22,942
I have the newer models and they're definitely better. The model name hasn't changed, but SpinFit claim all Amazon stock over here in the US is now updated with the newer soft silicone versions. Not sure about outside the US...
I actually like the CP800s a lot, and I probably have the older version. I hope they do update the dual-flange design, in particular, making the smaller flange have a deeper bowl shape, like most multi flange tips have.

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:14 PM Post #21,143 of 22,942

I was about to order some more to try the new version when I saw that Spinfit had answered a customer question on Amazon a few months ago by confirming there is only one version so I reached out to them to make sure. They just confirmed there is only one version that they are aware of (as a side note, I have always found their customer support to be very responsive, which is great). I referred them to this thread so hopefully they can clarify.

Nov 24, 2020 at 11:36 PM Post #21,144 of 22,942
I was about to order some more to try the new version when I saw that Spinfit had answered a customer question on Amazon a few months ago by confirming there is only one version so I reached out to them to make sure. They just confirmed there is only one version that they are aware of (as a side note, I have always found their customer support to be very responsive, which is great). I referred them to this thread so hopefully they can clarify.
I reached out to them also. It appears that only Cp100 has been updated so far, and there are no plans to update Cp240 :frowning2: Still, maybe if enough of us ask politely...?

Nov 30, 2020 at 7:19 PM Post #21,148 of 22,942
Nov 30, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #21,150 of 22,942
Thanks, I am thinking to get one of these: shure se846, ier-m9, Maze Rai Penta, Andromeda 2020, any suggestion which one to get.
Wow, that’s a mighty solid list. Some information that would be helpful include your preferred music genres, your tastes in bass quantity, and any sensitivities to particular frequencies. Three of the four are all-BA IEMs, so I gather that is your preferred driver setup?

I think you may get some helpful comparisons on this all-purpose high-end IEM thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fli...al-high-end-portable-audio-discussion.826876/

Since it’s not a brand specific thread, you may get a bit less biased recommendations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back