Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #7,655 of 22,943
I'm out of thanks... In order to express my gratitude, I'll order you the best IEMS in the whole wide world, the Noble K10. I also show you some effective weight lifting moves. To top it off, take this gif I've created...

Oh... I'm absurdly buff. Check me out bra!!

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #7,656 of 22,943
Lmao Alright, I think we should probably get back on topic now. I think it's very likely that I'll order that ALO cable for Black Friday. It's looking more and more attractive. While Ted's cable is serving me well, a couple of my tracks, specifically Beach Boy tracks, sound a tad too bright with it. Maybe the quad cable could rectify that? 

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #7,658 of 22,943
  Lmao Alright, I think we should probably get back on topic now. I think it's very likely that I'll order that ALO cable for Black Friday. It's looking more and more attractive. While Ted's cable is serving me well, a couple of my tracks, specifically Beach Boy tracks, sound a tad too bright with it. Maybe the quad cable could rectify that? 

Or a new amp. Just fired up my RSA Protector after a long time... Any hint of brightness is gone, replaced by a smooth yet energetic sound. Very impressive.

Nov 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #7,659 of 22,943
  Or a new amp. Just fired up my RSA Protector after a long time... Any hint of brightness is gone, replaced by a smooth yet energetic sound. Very impressive.

I actually like a bit of brightness since I listen to a ton of electronic pop. With that said, I'm still semi curious about getting a C5D DAC/amp. I know I said earlier that I've decided to not get a portable DAC/amp, but I would love to test one out and see if there's enough of a difference to warrant carrying one. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #7,660 of 22,943
I actually like a bit of brightness since I listen to a ton of electronic pop. With that said, I'm still semi curious about getting a C5D DAC/amp. I know I said earlier that I've decided to not get a portable DAC/amp, but I would love to test one out and see if there's enough of a difference to warrant carrying one. 

I meant "any hint of sharpness and sibilance" :) the energy is still remarkable.

Nov 24, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #7,661 of 22,943
Awesome! Just out of curiousity, how long did you wait for the SCSs after impressions, and what color did you get?
tongue.gif

sorry , forgot to post the customary pic.

Also to clarify, the turnaround time of 7 working days for SCS is calculated from the next day of Sensa receiving my moulds, till the date it was shipped out by them.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:00 AM Post #7,664 of 22,943
sorry , forgot to post the customary pic.

Also to clarify, the turnaround time of 7 working days for SCS is calculated from the next day of Sensa receiving my moulds, till the date it was shipped out by them.

Thanks for clarifying your turnaround time, and for posting the photo of your SCS. Looks great and flows well with the SE846 clear housing.

Nov 24, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #7,665 of 22,943
Looking for a braided cable for portable use. Most of the cables I've seen look awfully bulky; I'd like something I can coil / stuff in small cases like this.

Ted's (Headphone Lounge) cables are a very tight braid that's easy to coil. I also happen to know someone who's selling one
wink.gif
but regardless of that I'd recommend them for exactly your needs - tight braid, easy to coil, small plugs and y-splits too:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back