Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Jun 10, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #3,061 of 22,942
 How  do you know the ref1 is your sound, or, are you simply continuing the search?

I dont since ive never heard 1plus2 either,it should be on a upper level,if not,will return it and get a custom like 5way or jh

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #3,067 of 22,942
* In craft beer terms, "BA" stands for "barrel aged". Not sure if cross promotion is allowed here but my beer blog can be found at www.metalhophead.blogspot.com
smily_headphones1.gif

That is not cross promotion. That is important information.
beerchug.gif

I see it more as vital information re accessorising IEM. This is arguably as vital as links to cables and amps. 
Different Amps DACs DAPs, nozzle condoms and cables can improve or degrade ones enjoyment of the 8s. 

Lord knows the right libations at the right dosage can improve the listening experience.  Just as the wrong mix can make it an unpleasant ride.

PS the name of the Blog PRICELESS!!

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #3,068 of 22,942

That is not cross promotion. That is important information.
beerchug.gif

I see it more as vital information re accessorising IEM. This is arguably as vital as links to cables and amps. 
Different Amps DACs DAPs, nozzle condoms and cables can improve or degrade ones enjoyment of the 8s. 

Lord knows the right libations at the right dosage can improve the listening experience.  Just as the wrong mix can make it an unpleasant ride.

PS the name of the Blog PRICELESS!!

Monty - was just noticing your avatar.  So what are you saying here - the you are professionally weird, or that you are a weird professional!!!  I'm confused.

GOT THE TIPS!  Thank you so much. What's going on with the sleeves?

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #3,069 of 22,942

Monty - was just noticing your avatar.  So what are you saying here - the you are professionally weird, or that you are a weird professional!!!  I'm confused.

GOT THE TIPS!  Thank you so much. What's going on with the sleeves?

It is more a Motto/Mantra. Borrowed as it were from the late great Hunter S. Thompson.  HST was arguably the greatest American writer since Hemingway. (That man really knew how to write prose).
Pick a sentence any sentence of his - it is a literary feast. Thompson understood that the process of writing (and writing about it) was more important than the actual story.

Glad to see you got the condom nozzles. I a happy to see that there was indeed something in that bag for you - unlike Dorothy she got conned into an adventure and then stiffed on something from the wizard's bag. Guess he knew a rube when he saw one.

As for my custom sleeves, Like with Godot I wait. Unlike Samuel Beckett's characters, my wait will not be in vain. I hope they will be in today or Wednesday. Once I am "fitted" I will post on both the fitting procedure and my first real world test of them. (Likely in two posts I can at times go on.) I promise a tale that embodies the essence of the experience. after all " to be excitingly right in general is better than to be dully accurate in particular" Aaron Burr

They better come soon the 8s are as antsy and impatient and impatient as any five year old. I just wish they would stop shocking me and then asking "Are they here yet?"

Got to run and "ring"  the register - 

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #3,070 of 22,942
Got to say every time you write 8s I think of the iems that are actually named 8 from Noble and Heir... just saying :wink:

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #3,074 of 22,942
ok, so i just received my 846's. 
build date 11-02-14
just listening to some trance tunes with the shipped tips.
wow @ the bass, how does something so small make such a big sound lol

will try tip rolling later!

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #3,075 of 22,942
  ok, so i just received my 846's. 
build date 11-02-14
just listening to some trance tunes with the shipped tips.
wow @ the bass, how does something so small make such a big sound lol

will try tip rolling later!

Congrats on your new acquisition.  It gets better, trust me.

It gets.......better.  Gotta get through that psychological burn in.

btw - where did you find the build date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back