1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Shure SE846 Impressions Thread

1. uncle b
    I bought a pair of SE846 a coupla years ago, and my upgrade-itis has been basically cured (or at least symptoms have gone into remission!) since! The fit and finish, sound and comfort are the best I’ve experienced in about a decade of portable audio enthusiasm. As always, YMMV!

CheeseIsGood likes this.
  2. Tranman409
    Can say the same thing...spent thousands over the years and purchased the SE846 2 years ago. Upgraditis is gone for me and had zero issues with durability which I always had with other products. Just gotta find the right tips that makes it comfortable for you and enjoy!

3. Slim1970
    The SE846’s are a fine product. I’ve had mine for over a year now. I’ve had the upgrade itch but I haven’t pulled the trigger on anything because I really like their tone. The bass is the best I’ve heard on the earphones I’ve tried. The only thing I’m looking for is a balanced silver cable for them.

4. moedawg140
    I’ve got just the person/company for you! :grimacing:

@csglinux or who/what I’d like to call: Genuine or Bona Fide Audio. :smiley:

In case @csglinux doesn’t want to create an awesome looking and sounding cable for you (no pressure!), a person like Ted Allen can hook you up with an awesome Balanced Silver and/or elemental cable.

Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  5. csglinux
    I really appreciate your (over?)-confidence in my cable-making skills @moedawg140 :wink: But I'm really not very efficient at this. At the speed I make cables, I'd be earning a lower hourly rate than an Uber driver. The main problem I have is sourcing good quality wire. That seems to be a jealously-guarded secret, and that's the all-important part. Nobody would want to buy my RadioShack bell wire headphone cables :wink:

Ted's the guy I'd recommend for custom cables.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    moedawg140 likes this.
  6. Slim1970
    Thanks @moedawg140! How can I get in contact with Ted?

7. csglinux
    moedawg140 likes this.
  8. Slim1970
  9. moedawg140
  10. bzxfire40
  11. moedawg140
    That specific cable is still SE. Balanced/TRRS typically refers to 4 poles. In my experience, I’ve never seen a Balanced cable with a mic option.

12. bzxfire40
    Thanks moe!

13. moedawg140
  14. lesale08
    are all shells of se846 made from plastic? Just recently acquired a used blue unit and thinking this may not be made of plastic. Might be due to paint finish.

15. moedawg140
    lesale08 likes this.