Shure SE846, Etymotic Research ER4XR, Fearless 8 Pro or Moondrop Starfield??
Jul 9, 2020 at 1:33 AM Post #16 of 19
Any likes or dislikes about the bl-03 signature? That may help others make some recommendations.

Instead of the Starfield maybe the IT00 (reportedly better according to @audio123).

Or the KXXS / KXXX would be better for both bass with better clarity and some 'sparkle'.

I'd probably skip the se846 and er4xr.
Hey,

I enjoy the BLON. Bass has a nice extension (with certain songs), but think that it lacks some seperation and clarity in the mids and highs.

I suppose that comes with the price range!?

Overall really good unit in my opinion.

Jul 9, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #17 of 19
I've managed to pick up a pair of Shure se846 on a really good deal here on Headfi. I'd feel annoyed if I didn't try them, for some time at least?

Will leave my thoughts after I receive and test.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #18 of 19
I cant speak for the Aten but the RAH is easily a big improvement on the Zenith.
The RAH for me easily competes with earphones double the price.

My current favourite is the Audeze lcd i3, bot a traditional iem like some but an absolutely stunning earphone.
I was actually looking at the setup of one of the members here, namely this one https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pic...633511/page-2027#lg=attachment3653451&slide=0
and liked it a lot, very elegant and a high-quality hands-free. I am curious about the RAH and the Halcyon now. I'm not sure I've given my Zenith a proper burn-in, but I'm going to sell it anyway. I'm also waiting for the Solaris, as you might have seen in my sig, it's coming along with a balanced 4.4 copper cable. Quality might be good even though I have average ears.

Jul 9, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #19 of 19
I was actually looking at the setup of one of the members here, namely this one https://www.head-fi.org/threads/pic...633511/page-2027#lg=attachment3653451&slide=0
and liked it a lot, very elegant and a high-quality hands-free. I am curious about the RAH and the Halcyon now. I'm not sure I've given my Zenith a proper burn-in, but I'm going to sell it anyway. I'm also waiting for the Solaris, as you might have seen in my sig, it's coming along with a balanced 4.4 copper cable. Quality might be good even though I have average ears.
I've got the Audeze i3 and they are stunning.

All IMR models require quite a lot of burn in, my RAH took 100 hours maybe a bit more before I'd say they were at full potential.

I'm about to list my RHA CL2 for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back