Shure SE535 + Samsung Captivate
Sep 11, 2010 at 5:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
It's very late but I'm just letting you guys know that a review is coming. I sold my desktop setup for this (K702, PB1 Toucan, (T51) ) and from this afternoon and night of listening, I am happy that I did. 

Sep 11, 2010 at 7:42 AM Post #2 of 22
The Captivate's sound quality is pretty good, I use rock equalizer.

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:09 PM Post #3 of 22
Awesome! I am playing music using my captivate + westone UM3X. The default music player doesn't seem to work for me as every time I go to the Artist tab, the program force closes. Anyways, I spent $7 and invested in the MixZing app upgrade and I absolutely love it. I hope to upgrade to a 32gb microSD card once they drop to sub $100 prices.
beerchug.gif

Sep 11, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 22

Quote:
Awesome! I am playing music using my captivate + westone UM3X. The default music player doesn't seem to work for me as every time I go to the Artist tab, the program force closes. Anyways, I spent $7 and invested in the MixZing app upgrade and I absolutely love it. I hope to upgrade to a 32gb microSD card once they drop to sub $100 prices.
beerchug.gif

Hmm well it works for me, although it doesn't read my FLAC tags so I'm encoding everything to 320kbs which.... IMO is something I should do now since I'm going the portable route . 

Any benefits of using the MxZing app?

Sep 11, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 22

Quote:
It's very late but I'm just letting you guys know that a review is coming. I sold my desktop setup for this (K702, PB1 Toucan, (T51) ) and from this afternoon and night of listening, I am happy that I did. 

Fantastic! Good to read you're enjoying them. They are great IEM's.

shane

Sep 11, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #6 of 22

Quote:
Fantastic! Good to read you're enjoying them. They are great IEM's.

shane

Yea yea. Of course there was a little problem when first getting used to the signature coming from K702s but just adding the slightest bump in the upper treble on the EQ solves that problem. 

Mids are amazing though; I now know what "amazing mids" the Shure phones have. 

Oct 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #8 of 22
Good to know since I have the Shure E500s and just bought a Captivate. 

Oct 21, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #9 of 22
Android FTW!!!
biggrin.gif

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:19 PM Post #10 of 22

Quote:
Android FTW!!!
biggrin.gif

Fully agreed!

While I am a Linux user, which pretty much automatically signs me off as an Android lover, I love my Nexus One and wouldn't have it any other way.
Though, aside the design flaws, the iPhone is still a solid phone. I'd be happy with it too, just not quite as satisfied as I am with Android since I like my phone my way and tinker with things so that it's exactly what I want.

If you haven't already, try MixZing, it's both a powerful player and has a built-in EQ if needed.

Oct 21, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #11 of 22

Quote:
Fully agreed!

While I am a Linux user, which pretty much automatically signs me off as an Android lover, I love my Nexus One and wouldn't have it any other way.
Though, aside the design flaws, the iPhone is still a solid phone. I'd be happy with it too, just not quite as satisfied as I am with Android since I like my phone my way and tinker with things so that it's exactly what I want.

If you haven't already, try MixZing, it's both a powerful player and has a built-in EQ if needed.

i have MixZing beat. i use DSP Manager. it's a root only EQ and DSP application that works at the system level, meaning it works across all audio sent out through the headphone jack. its much better than MixZing. thanks though. and again Android FTW!! lol

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #12 of 22

Quote:

i have MixZing beat. i use DSP Manager. it's a root only EQ and DSP application that works at the system level, meaning it works across all audio sent out through the headphone jack. its much better than MixZing. thanks though. and again Android FTW!! lol

That was more intended towards Young Spade if he hadn't tried MixZing already. I know you know what you're doing, no worries :p
In case he isn't rooted, that is.

I personally won't touch EQ with a ten foot pole, so I've never bothered with it really.

Oct 22, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #13 of 22

Quote:
That was more intended towards Young Spade if he hadn't tried MixZing already. I know you know what you're doing, no worries :p
In case he isn't rooted, that is.

I personally won't touch EQ with a ten foot pole, so I've never bothered with it really.

gotcha. sorry.
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back