Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jun 20, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #2,177 of 4,022
Not a huge fan of triple flange tips. Not as comfortable, less isolation and imo generally less impactful bass. I prefer foams, Olives still being my fave. Anything similar would be ideal.

Quote:
I use, Triple flange, which sound fantastic, but can be a bit uncomfortable for Long listens. I also have modded triple flanges with the top flange cut, a little brighter tone, and I also use the Large P complies, which IMO sound fantasic also with the shures, tames a little of the Brightness. I Love the Olives on my W3, but not so much on the 535's. 

Jun 21, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #2,178 of 4,022
Im using the new DHC SE535 cable and its wonderfull. Slightly on the warmer side of things, and has really good bass extention and clarity. I think it did, just ever so slighty, take a bit of the bass away from the stock cable. Im still working on a more formal write-up, but i will be re-doing my computer, as i cant get onto Head-Fi and im having to go on guest.

Jun 28, 2011 at 1:45 PM Post #2,179 of 4,022
I become a Shure SE535 owner today. I had the SE530 previously and loved them.
Got tired of replacing lesser quality earphones so I ordered the SE535s last week.
I had best results with the black foam eartips (olives) so I guess I should be good.
Any tips with the SE535s??

Jun 28, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #2,180 of 4,022
I was using straight out of iPhone and iPod and found they sound great. Tried a Fiio E7 and was a slight improvement. Ended up returning Fiio and buying a Arrow 3g. Can't wait to see how they sound on the Arrow.

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #2,181 of 4,022

Quote:
Got tired of replacing lesser quality earphones so I ordered the SE535s last week.
I had best results with the black foam eartips (olives) so I guess I should be good.

Do you plan on upgrading your stock cable?

Jun 28, 2011 at 8:14 PM Post #2,182 of 4,022

Quote:

IS this where we're suppose to say "sorry about your wallet"? I really really love these phones. Had several 530's over the years, these fixed every problem with them as far as rolled off treble and bass is considerably richer on the 535's. As stated above I really like the triple flanges on these alot (unmodified is the best for me) Also I use Comply P's once in a while The largest ones (from their website) I do really like the Comply's with the 535's even a little more than the Olives. I just ordered some of the new S series Comply;s and will add my impressions later. Enjoy your new 535's they grow on you big time

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #2,183 of 4,022

Quote:
Do you plan on upgrading your stock cable?

Right now they sound great ootb. I saw some aftermarket cable posted a couple of pages ago and it looked great

Jun 29, 2011 at 8:26 AM Post #2,184 of 4,022

Quote:
IS this where we're suppose to say "sorry about your wallet"? I really really love these phones. Had several 530's over the years, these fixed every problem with them as far as rolled off treble and bass is considerably richer on the 535's. As stated above I really like the triple flanges on these alot (unmodified is the best for me) Also I use Comply P's once in a while The largest ones (from their website) I do really like the Comply's with the 535's even a little more than the Olives. I just ordered some of the new S series Comply;s and will add my impressions later. Enjoy your new 535's they grow on you big time

So far so good but the cables are causing some pain in my ears. Maybe I just need to get used to them. I could wear my 530s all day without issue.

My wallet? It is used to audio purchases by now. No pain there.
I like the Complys too but they do not seem as durable as the Shures and they do not isolate as well IMO.

Jun 29, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #2,185 of 4,022

Quote:

So far so good but the cables are causing some pain in my ears. Maybe I just need to get used to them. I could wear my 530s all day without issue.

My wallet? It is used to audio purchases by now. No pain there.
I like the Complys too but they do not seem as durable as the Shures and they do not isolate as well IMO.

The Large P's Isolate pretty well, Honestly the Cable becomes second nature in a matter of weeks. Coming from Westones it;s a little tough, but now they spin right into place and setting up the memory wire so that it curves into the head, I barely feel it. It did take some time however, but so worth it. I love the way these things do guitars. Harmonic Bliss

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #2,186 of 4,022

Isolation of customs? is it any good?
-baseline, I use the SHURE tripple flange, sometimes the foamies
(wrong forum I know ...but Im doing all this very soon)

About to spring for customs through Fisher, since my SHURE e500 cable is a gonner ....
OR
do a more expensive SHURE out of warranty swap thing for se535

Jun 29, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #2,187 of 4,022

Quote:
The Large P's Isolate pretty well, Honestly the Cable becomes second nature in a matter of weeks. Coming from Westones it;s a little tough, but now they spin right into place and setting up the memory wire so that it curves into the head, I barely feel it. It did take some time however, but so worth it. I love the way these things do guitars. Harmonic Bliss

They feel a bit better today. Giving them some time since the sound is so good.
Listening to Buckethead and Michale Angelo is awesome.

Anyone using the DHC Symbiote cables with their SE535s?? Worth the money??

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:05 PM Post #2,188 of 4,022

Quote:
They feel a bit better today. Giving them some time since the sound is so good.
Listening to Buckethead and Michale Angelo is awesome.

Anyone using the DHC Symbiote cables with their SE535s?? Worth the money??

buckethead I forgot about them

Jun 29, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #2,189 of 4,022
Jun 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM Post #2,190 of 4,022
Well I've switched over to the Music cable for my 535's.  Just can't get used to the thick kevlar cable.  I'll tell you what though, if I was going into a war zone I'd probably take those kevlar cables :)  But sitting here at my desk I don't really need that durable a cable...

The music control piece is still a little annoying though, but I do like that I can tell left from right easier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back