Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Jan 8, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #1,876 of 4,022
hello, ive been using the shure se310's and i decided to change to monster products for more bass.. i ended up buying the monster turbine copper, reasoning is i like how the se310 was clear and wasnt harsh (guitar, cymbals) even at relatively high volumes.. now after listening to the coppers i thought i found an awesome replacement but i went to listen to my se310's for fun and i now realize i prefer that to the MTPC.. the coppers are harsh at times and my biggest beef is the vocals.. at times the coppers have kinda low vocals while the SE310's are so forward and clear without that painful harshness..

so for anyone with the SE535 (or even the se425) does it have very forward clear vocals?  and what is "mids" is that the vocals.. because everyone says shure has the best Mids..

thank you.. i think im gonna return the monsters..

im summary.. need a se310 with slighty more bass and detail with no harshness

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #1,877 of 4,022

Quote:
so for anyone with the SE535 (or even the se425) does it have very forward clear vocals?  and what is "mids" is that the vocals.. because everyone says shure has the best Mids..

The 535s have THE BEST Mids I have ever heard; amazingly powerful and clear. Soundtracks and vocal oriented music sounds just phenominal when using these IEMs. 

When listening to artists like Alecia Keys sing you can feel the emotion in the music; it just sounds "right". However, I haven't heard the 310s but the bass is very neutral and clean.

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,878 of 4,022

Quote:
Man, If only I had $500 to spare.......

They look incredible.

Quote:
Deew it!  Sell off some other stuff.
And they can be had for less then msrp on the net.

You should definitely do it; and I agree with immtbiker; I got mine from another user here for around 400 which is what he got his for new. I forgot all of the details but you can find them for around 400 new now.

I highly suggest the clear versions though; very pretty

Jan 8, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #1,879 of 4,022

Quote:
Quote:

The 535s have THE BEST Mids I have ever heard; amazingly powerful and clear. Soundtracks and vocal oriented music sounds just phenominal when using these IEMs. 

When listening to artists like Alecia Keys sing you can feel the emotion in the music; it just sounds "right". However, I haven't heard the 310s but the bass is very neutral and clean.

Agreed...of all the IEMs I've owned (you can see them in my profile), the Shure SE530/535s have the best, most forward and clear mids of all.

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:24 AM Post #1,880 of 4,022

Quote:
hello, ive been using the shure se310's and i decided to change to monster products for more bass.. i ended up buying the monster turbine copper, reasoning is i like how the se310 was clear and wasnt harsh (guitar, cymbals) even at relatively high volumes.. now after listening to the coppers i thought i found an awesome replacement but i went to listen to my se310's for fun and i now realize i prefer that to the MTPC.. the coppers are harsh at times and my biggest beef is the vocals.. at times the coppers have kinda low vocals while the SE310's are so forward and clear without that painful harshness..

SE535 has amazing vocals. Not only is amazing how do vocals sound but also their placement on the soundstage. You can easly tell where vocal comes from and how far is singer from the mic. SE535 has very forward and up front mids. Singer is always very "close".
I heard e4c which is almost the same as 310 and I can tell you that 535 is totally worth upgrading. It's as you said 310 with a little more bass, better depth and resolution.

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #1,882 of 4,022
The packaging might be. 
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:20 PM Post #1,883 of 4,022

I can report for the se425. I LOVE this model. Very clear analytical sounds compared to my previous experience with the se530s.
Quote:

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #1,885 of 4,022

Quote:
the coppers are harsh at times and my biggest beef is the vocals.. at times the coppers have kinda low vocals

That was my biggest gripe w/ the coppers as well.  The mids and vocals were a tad too dry and pushed back compared to the treble and bass which was much smoother and present.  The treble was also bordering on sibilant at times and just a tad too bright over neutral IMO.  You should check out the MD's if you like the Coppers bass or the Ortofons against the 535.  

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #1,887 of 4,022

Quote:
Is there a way to stop the cables hung onto the ears from stop moving? The unit stays intact on my ears but the cable rotates many times..

Tyrap or ducktape cables back behind neck or over the ears!

biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #1,888 of 4,022
If you happen to run out of duct tape, just pull the cable organizer towards the back of your head. 

That was my biggest complaint with the E500's (had to use sunglasses to hold them in place).

Jan 9, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #1,889 of 4,022

Quote:
If you happen to run out of duct tape, just pull the cable organizer towards the back of your head. 

That was my biggest complaint with the E500's (had to use sunglasses to hold them in place).

Is with times, cable become softer, more flexible !?
Now with new 535, Are you using sunglasses inside, all day long ?

cool.gif

Jan 10, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #1,890 of 4,022
I have the se425 and I can also vouch for its clear and excellent vocal musical reproduction. Selections from opera and broadway are superb. Likewise, good placement. You can easily hear every nuance in the human voice. Eva cassidy songs sounds AMAZING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back