Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #3,961 of 4,022
Well Im looking for a new pair of IEMs. My source is chord mojo and fiio X5 (1st generation). Really stuck between shure se535 and Mee audio pinnacle p1. I know that their price range isn't the same but from reviews I've read, they can be rivals.
And umm i mostly listen to metal and classical music.
Thanks anyway :)

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #3,962 of 4,022
^ having owned the P1, I can say it's a great IEM if you want a neutral sound with a bit of warmth.

Pros
- super wide soundstage
- no listening fatigue
- comfortable tips
- awesome looking earphones and wire
- warm, clear and musical

Cons
- need to drive it
- cable tangles like crazy
- cable a bit too long
- isolation is not the best (I used it during commutes) - could have been a seal problem
- quality concerns (???)

I ended up returning it because the left earphone lost volume compared to the right after a month.

Hope that helps!

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #3,963 of 4,022
^ having owned the P1, I can say it's a great IEM if you want a neutral sound with a bit of warmth.

Pros
- super wide soundstage
- no listening fatigue
- comfortable tips
- awesome looking earphones and wire
- warm, clear and musical

Cons
- need to drive it
- cable tangles like crazy
- cable a bit too long
- isolation is not the best (I used it during commutes) - could have been a seal problem
- quality concerns (???)

I ended up returning it because the left earphone lost volume compared to the right after a month.

Hope that helps!

Surprised by that as one of the things that shure are known for is isolation. If you were not getting good isolation that would indicate either a poor seal as you indicated or possibly fakes. At least you got your money back.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #3,964 of 4,022
Oh, that post was for the P1 (I mentioned it in the first sentence).

I know Shure has good isolation as I tried a pair of SE425 and I was blown away by its isolation.

Mar 30, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #3,965 of 4,022
Oh, that post was for the P1 (I mentioned it in the first sentence).

I know Shure has good isolation as I tried a pair of SE425 and I was blown away by its isolation.

Ah misread it my mistake. Yes I tried the p1 as an isolator and it didn't really work.

Apr 4, 2018 at 8:21 PM Post #3,966 of 4,022
Recently switched to the triple flange tips, should’ve done this earlier. Really solid improvement.

Probably not for everyone though, they do tickle your brain a bit. Cut mine down slightly though.

May 19, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #3,968 of 4,022
I just got the Campfire Audio Lyra II. So what does that have to do with the SE535? .. we'll just for giggles I flipped the CA cable over to the SE535s and Holy CR@P, it takes the SE535's to a new level of extension across the spectrum. Truly impressive! So I ordered a CA cable for the SE535s. If I felt the SE535 were lacking in some way before, I'm not now. I may be pretty much at my end game with the Shures. Source = AK300.

Is this the cable?

https://campfireaudio.com/shop/copper-litz-cable/

Thanks.

May 20, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #3,969 of 4,022
Jul 30, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #3,970 of 4,022
I just received a pair of se535-cl to replace my lost westone 30’s.

I’ve been pretty pleased so far. However, one thing I’ve noted is there seems to be a “shhhhh” sound (sibilance) associated with high frequencies ie high hats & high pitched vocals. Does anyone else notice this? Maybe i have a defective pair?

I usually run them out of my ipad/galaxy s8, but I tried them on my o2/odac and noted the same issue existed.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #3,971 of 4,022
Hey,
could you give some example tracks on which you experience this? I will double check it with my pair.

I just received a pair of se535-cl to replace my lost westone 30’s.

I’ve been pretty pleased so far. However, one thing I’ve noted is there seems to be a “shhhhh” sound (sibilance) associated with high frequencies ie high hats & high pitched vocals. Does anyone else notice this? Maybe i have a defective pair?

I usually run them out of my ipad/galaxy s8, but I tried them on my o2/odac and noted the same issue existed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back