Shure SE535 LTD super annoying cable
Jun 12, 2015 at 8:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

karljs

Head-Fier
I just recently picked up some of the red Shure SE535 LTD IEMs and while I'm happy with them in nearly every way, I hate both of the cables they come with (not the sonics, but the design).  I'm rather surprised I haven't seen anyone else mention this, but in order to add the microphone and control that nobody really wanted in the first place, they: 1) removed the little cinch that allows you to adjust where the cables meet which means they won't stay behind my ears and, 2) made the weight of the two sides noticeably uneven.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a relatively inexpensive alternative cable that doesn't have these problems?  I don't really believe in cables as audible upgrades, I just want something well made and comfortable.

There are a lot of sketchy eBay options, but I'm extremely skeptical about ordering from from a place that doesn't offer any kind of support.

Edit: Additionally, the LTD version (unlike the regular 535) seems to have plastic bits on the cable which change the angle it exits the IEM housing. Does anyone know if that becomes a problem with different cables?

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #2 of 5
For what it's worth, I discovered that Shure sells replacement cables (on Amazon, and probably elsewhere) and so I've ordered one of the plain ones.  Hopefully this will resolve my problem, but I'm still not sure how well it will work considering the originals have that angled plastic.

Jun 14, 2015 at 2:28 AM Post #3 of 5
I was going to suggest Linum cables but I see you bought a replacement.

http://www.linum.dk

I saw some good Head-Fi reviews on Linum cables but I went for Nocturnal Audio's instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back