Shure SE535 connector broken/stuck (pic)
May 9, 2014 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ridethespiral

Head-Fier
Today I got to work and went to remove my SE535s and the right side cable stayed behind my ear and I had just the iem in my hand. NOT good. Can anyone suggest how I might get the piece that is stuck out?? :frowning2:

edit: here's a more clear image

IMG_20140509_160156.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May 9, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #2 of 7
Well I'm absolutely ****ed. The pin on the male end (cable) bent the inside female connector when it popped out. I touched it lightly with a pin to see if I could move it back into place and it just fell apart. The piece is stuck inside the connector really really good too. 

Anyone know of any good, not insanely expensive re-shelling services?

I might be willing to go custom fitted shells if the price is right. $100 for getting a fitting done from an audiologist, $100-150 for reshell, and $100 for a new cable = $350. I can buy a brand new set of SE535's for $350 at cost from work though.... Damn.

May 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 7
If it is still under warranty, Shure will replace it free. If not, the cost is only $84 to replace one IEM. Please see the attached hyperlink:
http://cdn.shure.com/uploaded_file/upload/163/Service_Fee_List.pdf

May 28, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 7
By the way, that price list is COMPLETELY wrong :frowning2:

I had to pay $175 + $24 (cord) for a replacement earbud.

Good news is they sent an entire new SET of SE535's, so I still have my old buds that I could reshell and sell these. Not sure if that was a mistake or not, but I'm happy.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #7 of 7
I have the same issue with my SE535s. I always thought those connectors looked a little too delicate...

I've contacted Shure and will update here with the results. It might be a little more difficult in my case as I have the red limited edition ones.

EDIT: according to the document they just sent me, they've straight-up replaced the earphone that had the broken connector for a measly $84, as specified on that price list. I'm pretty damn happy with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back