Shure SE530 vs Klipsch Custom 3
Aug 4, 2008 at 9:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

vril

New Head-Fier
my first IEM-s were Etymotics ER 6i, after that came Shure E2C and i really like them. then i bought some UE low-end model, which was not really exciting. but when i bought my Shure SE 530 i was like blown away
happy_face1.gif
. they are the best IEM-s i ever listened. now i'm starting to think about Klipsch Custom 3, because quite nice offer here in head-fi. as Klipsch is not for sale in Estonia and i cant check it out myself, so i'm asking your help. would the Klipsch be like an upgrade or downgrade to Shure? if they are different, then is the difference worth over 200$? thats quite a big money for me. as i read from reviews that Klipsch Custom 3 have a good bass, but i'm quite satified with my Shure bass. i listen mostly jazz and classical (preferred vocal).
and sorry for my poor english
redface.gif

Aug 4, 2008 at 11:41 PM Post #2 of 63
so nobody ever listened/compered them together?

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #3 of 63
unless you feel like just experimenting for fun, why stop using the shures? As you say, they are fine pieces of tech. if you are enjoying them (I own them as well, and am also in love with them) why not spend some money instead on some music, or another part of your rig?

sadre

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 63
Quote:

Originally Posted by sadre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
unless you feel like just experimenting for fun, why stop using the shures? As you say, they are fine pieces of tech. if you are enjoying them (I own them as well, and am also in love with them) why not spend some money instead on some music, or another part of your rig?

sadre

He's just being open minded to other phones out there. I've got the same sort of question, my entry to audiophilia in the earphones dept. was some E4c's. Anything better out there? (rock specifically, for me)

Aug 5, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 63
at least someone answered me
biggrin.gif

main point of my question was, that is the difference in klipsch's and shure's soundscapes worth 200$? are they different enough?

Aug 5, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #6 of 63
what kind of music do you listen to? E500 is better to my ears. The vocal is so much more refine. Custom 3 is a step up from um2 but not quite E500 standard

Aug 5, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #7 of 63
Quote:

at least someone answered me
main point of my question was, that is the difference in klipsch's and shure's soundscapes worth 200$? are they different enough?

I don't hear KC3 but few day ago test Shure 420 530 SCL3 with Jays and Sleek SA6. And i can say (based not only on my opinion) - Shure is worse balanced IEM in the world! Try q-Jays or better SleekSA6. And try Shure. You will se the DIFFERENCE! Shure don't have a MUSIK! Just blend of sounds and no more. IMHO. Shure changes musik and strike in head with hifreq ...strike. My advice - try it befor buying or you can be very disappointed.

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #9 of 63
Spanish says the highs on the SE530 are piercing. Well, I highly doubt that, since like everbody knows.. the SE530 have rolled-off highs!

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 63
Quote:

Spanish says the highs on the SE530 are piercing. Well, I highly doubt that, since like everbody knows.. the SE530 have rolled-off highs!

Some my freand was doubds too. But all doubds disapear then they hear it themselves. If you have Shure - chek on 44 track. You will hear peak on hi-freaq parts. And this peak so hight what i can't hear it. It was a pain. Real pain. And i hear it on iPod classk with 80% of volume.

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #12 of 63
Yeah, so that's the song causing the hi freq peak. Not the earphones.
I already tried the SE530 with my Clip, iPhone and my Classic, and the sound was not harsh at all on any one of them

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #13 of 63
No no... may be my english not so god. Sound not harsh. Sound is sharp sometime. Some parts of musik - like shot by glass from gun right in my ear. And what about me - i think sounds all of drivers not balansed with each another. Look like all drivers play how they want. Very unbalansed IMHO. Even d-Jays can play better.
Quote:

Yeah, so that's the song causing the hi freq peak.

Not at all. 20-20000Hz - it's not song
smily_headphones1.gif
And i can compare each songs on Shure and on Sleek and on Jays. And on my acoustic... everythere musik is good - but only on Shure not good. It's a pity what we can't meeting
smily_headphones1.gif
I can show it but explaing - some difficult to me.

Aug 5, 2008 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 63
hmmm...somehow i just can't agree with Spanish. for example, if i compare them with my etymotics, then they are quite musical, as etymotics are most neutral IEM-s i've heard. for my ear the Shure's are powerful, warm and crisp at the same time. sounds illogical, but so i feel.

Aug 5, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #15 of 63
maybe there is problem just with those Shure's Spanish got?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back