Shure SE530 , Bose quiet comfort 3 or Sennheiser IE8
Oct 18, 2009 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

rambocs

New Head-Fier
Hello there...I'm a newbie here....
regular_smile .gif

I'm using Sony NWZ-S738F
I think I need a new headphone or IEM...
So i need all your suggestion about Shure SE530 , Bose quiet comfort 3 and Sennheiser IE8
Can you guys give me any suggestion about this?

Thanks....
atsmile.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 5:38 PM Post #2 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambocs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello there...I'm a newbie here....
regular_smile .gif

I'm using Sony NWZ-S738F
I think I need a new headphone or IEM...
So i need all your suggestion about Shure SE530 , Bose quiet comfort 3 and Sennheiser IE8
Can you guys give me any suggestion about this?

Thanks....
atsmile.gif

I would go with the SE530s or Westone 3s. I find the IE8s really too bassy. And I would stay far, far away from the QC3s. They sound NO where near as good as the 3 above IEMs, not very portable and way too expensive for what they are (please note that I did previously owned the QC3s for about 6 months and had to get rid of them).

Oct 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 20
why do you guys recommend one of these iems when the OP didnt even say what genres he listens to or what sound signature he preferes?

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #7 of 20
I personally like the IE8 signature the best, but it depends on what kind of music you listen to. Maybe you can elaborate.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2009 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilney /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He bought a S738 and his selections consisted of 3 bassy phones. Was it a safe assumption, no?

JUST because he chose 3 bassy iems,doesnt mean all he wants is bass,they are entirely diff. phones in their presentation,he must tell us what he listens to and what sound sig he prefers,no??

Oct 19, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #9 of 20
Thanks for all your replies guys!!!
I appreciate it very much....
For my Sony what do other do you guys suggest...
I listen to all kind of music....
Is shure SE530 good? Cause i heard some issues that the Shure Durability is poor.....
Thanks for you replies again,guys!

Oct 19, 2009 at 8:30 AM Post #10 of 20
can't comment on the durability as I only got mine on Saturday (though the cable issues have been addressed to some extent so I'm to be told).
Anyway I love them, all round they are great and coped with everything I threw at them on the train this morning. Bass really isn't lacking on these phones as sometimes its said.

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:53 AM Post #11 of 20
i have the E500(same as SE530) and the IE8, i'd pick the IE8 over the shure, the shure sounds boring to my ears, while IE8 has a beat to it that i can't put my finger on...
btw my E500's cable died ages ago (like you can see the metal but still usable).. sent it 2 shure, took nearly 2 months and they sent it back and said they won't fix it (sent to shure HK...)

Oct 19, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #12 of 20
It's not like they all sound the same, and some are just "better" than the other. They sound different. Tell us how you like your music, and what u listen to. These are all top of the line IEMs they will all have quality materials, u just have to find one that suits you.

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:19 AM Post #14 of 20
i have had both and i can say that the ie8 is more musical of the too. it also has a much larger lateral soundstage and that the bass is just overall better than the 530.

Oct 19, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #15 of 20
Thanks again,guys!
My music taste? I heard all kind of music,guys... So that's why I'm quite confuse about what should I get...lol
Btw is bose quite comfort 3 is really that bad? I heard it once before in their showroom,it is nice...
But I haven't compare it to others

Users who are viewing this thread

Back