Shure SE530 Appreciation Thread
May 7, 2009 at 2:30 AM Post #46 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illidan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the treble booster you certainly got an enhancement on highs but losing quite a bit of mids in the sametime. I think you could give them a period with EQ off and you'll get used to them imo or if they still get in the way of listening then maybe SE530's ain't your cup of tea.

I thought the treble booster only touched the 2khz frequency range and higher?

May 7, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #47 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought the treble booster only touched the 2khz frequency range and higher?

With the high frequency increased or saying mids and bass decreased, in order to balance the overall sound I'll turn down the volume. And for the EQ wise I'm not sure the exact setting in the iPod but I did feel missing lots of mids rather than bass.

May 7, 2009 at 4:10 AM Post #48 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Illidan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With the high frequency increased or saying mids and bass decreased, in order to balance the overall sound I'll turn down the volume. And for the EQ wise I'm not sure the exact setting in the iPod but I did feel missing lots of mids rather than bass.

Losing some midrange volume and increasing treble volume would be a positive thing if you want to make the sound neutral.

May 7, 2009 at 4:41 AM Post #49 of 130
K_19, what do you think of the SE530's with the ibasso T4? I've been using the combo for the last week or so and am really impressed with the sound quality increase.

I guess I can see why people say the Shure's don't need an amp, but it does seem to make a pretty nice difference. Then again, The E5 didn't make nearly the improvement that the ibasso did - so maybe the people saying that are using Fiios...

Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have shown the symptoms of a treble head to me with that paragraph, for sure.
smily_headphones1.gif
The mod will help a bit, but I can't help but to think that it won't satisfy your needs in the long run. You sound like more of an Ety or Phonak person to me. If you try the ER4S and I'm certain you'll be turning that treble boost right off.
biggrin.gif

May 7, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #50 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K_19, what do you think of the SE530's with the ibasso T4? I've been using the combo for the last week or so and am really impressed with the sound quality increase.

I guess I can see why people say the Shure's don't need an amp, but it does seem to make a pretty nice difference. Then again, The E5 didn't make nearly the improvement that the ibasso did - so maybe the people saying that are using Fiios...

You see an improvement? Cool. What are the improvements? What is the source for the iBasso?

May 7, 2009 at 1:09 PM Post #51 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jensen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The sound quality improvement is there, expanding the soundstage and increasing the overall detail. However, there is one huge flaw in that combination (for me at least), and that is that T4 + 530 combination HISSES like a gay snake. From what I've heard some T4's hiss more than others so it's possible that I got the hissy batch... oh well. Overall, I will still use T4 when I can, but I'm usually more content in using the 530's straight out of my S639 with +1 treble boost, which is perfect for my liking.

May 7, 2009 at 1:31 PM Post #52 of 130
Yea it does hiss a bit. It's still a low amount and about the same as the E5 though. Still, wish it didn't.

I tried using the Shure volume attenuator as a crux - worked to remove the hiss but totally borked the sound quality.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:14 PM Post #54 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by JongTong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bump

That's it? Bump?

That impressed, huh?
wink.gif

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #55 of 130
I currently use my SE530s with an iPhone 3G and they are awesome. The mids are what really sell these IEMs for me.

Is the treble boost on the iPhone equal to the regular iPods? I may give it a shot just to see if it helps.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:48 PM Post #56 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I currently use my SE530s with an iPhone 3G and they are awesome. The mids are what really sell these IEMs for me.

Is the treble boost on the iPhone equal to the regular iPods? I may give it a shot just to see if it helps.

I don't see why it would be different. I'm pretty sure that its the same.

Jul 6, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #57 of 130
First IEM's I've ever bought. First headphones over $50 I've bought. I came to these from the old iPod phones and in ear phones and it was night and day. I do notice the bass slightly muddy sometimes, but then again my N95/oggplay isn't the best audio source anyways. :p

Jul 6, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #59 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the VoLTaG3 syndrome.

That's the reason he got banned right? I never found out why...i guess that's why. I didn't come in contact with him often...

Jul 6, 2009 at 9:23 PM Post #60 of 130
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here my friend. I enjoy the open and lush mid range. I'd almost think it would be best to leave the highs as is. They may not be upfront, but it helps with the smooth sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back