Shure SE425 Mic Cable
May 16, 2015 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

crazyg0od33

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all -

I just picked up some SE425's, but I had some question about replacement cables.

Since I'm planning on driving these mostly from my iPhone, I was looking for cables with a mic / volume control (though my pebble can take care of the volume) but the official cable looks like it's way overpriced for what you get. It looks flimsy as ****, tbh.

So I was wondering if there were any better replacement cables with a mic that you all recommend / where to get them?

Thanks!

May 19, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #2 of 12
You can search for the product title below on Amazon, but I can't say anything in the quality, reviews for it only average to 3 stars. It's $14

Replacement cable with Remote Mic connect iphone to SHURE SE535 SE425 SE315 215

Another cheap one for $16 :

Blue New Replacement cable with Remote Mic for iphone to SHURE SE535 SE425 SE315 SE215 Se846 Ultimate Ears UE900 earphones headphones

Sep 20, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 12
Honestly have still been looking.  I may grab the UE900 cable from logitech, but I'm also looking at (on kickstarter) trinity audio's new headphones.  I'm not looking to get the actual IEMs, but they're making a 'bluetooth lanyard' with mic / remote that has the same connectors as the SE425, and I'm trying to see if I can JUST pledge for that, and use it to make my headphones bluetooth (and have a mic) when I want to

Sep 20, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 12
Thanks for the reply.

I ended up ordering a couple of cables with Mic from eBay. One by Earmax (about $25). Here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EarMax-For-Shure-SE-215-215-315-535-upgrade-audio-cable-with-remote-control-mic-/252045553008?hash=item3aaf15ed70

and one generic (about $14). Here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/C0-Blac-Mic-Remote-Volume-Earphone-Cable-For-Shure-se215-se315-se425-se535-Se846-/251981988924?var=&hash=item3aab4c043c

Their both been shipped from China and I hope the mic is decent. Their both suppose to work with most Android devices. One even had a switch on the back to switch between Android and iOS controls. 

I would love a Bluetooth option. I have actually been looking at the Sony MUC-M1BT1, but is has a few drawbacks. First is usually priced at over $200, has two kinda big attachments (one on each side) tio house the battery and Bluetooth as well as single control button. Worst of all it doesn't include a Mic.

That Trinity Audio BT cable look interesting. Now if i can figure out how to order one or how much it cost. But it seems you can only buy it by backing one of the IEMs. I might do that the IEM with three cables (long, short braided and optional Bluetooth cable) for about $120 is better than $200+ for Sony BT MMCX cable with no mic. There isn't much time left and they are a little short of funding, So I might just pledge and do my part in getting these in production.

Sep 21, 2015 at 11:26 PM Post #9 of 12
That Trinity Audio kickstarter page dosen't mention anything about a mic with the BT cable. So I wonder.... Not nearly as useful if's that's the case.

Still, I supported the campaign, though all a really want are the cables (short, long and Bluetooth).

UPDATE:

I was answered in the comments and their is a mic. Also they just surpassed their funding goals with 10 days to spare.

Oct 2, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 12
Having gotten both cables in I can say they both get the job done. I like the EarMax better, it seems high quality and the mic works really well. The controls work with my Galaxy Note 4 excellently. The cable is light and flexible and I find the memory wire that goes around the ear to be better than the stock Shure cable. It a bit shorter than the long Shure cable, but long enough to keep my device in my pocket without issue. I'll try to post pics if anyone is interested.

I also got in on the Trinity Audio Kickstarter campaign and look forward to seeing how that turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back