Shure SE215 vs UE600 for electronic music?
Dec 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jafingi

New Head-Fier
I'm looking around for some IEMs to use on the go.

I listen mainly to electronic (trance, ambient etc.) music, so I need some IEMs that sounds crisp and rich, while having a great bass (not TOO bassy!).

As I want to go new, SE215 and UE600 looks to be within my budget. I'm leaning more towards the SE215, as it got replaceable cords. But how is the sound of these? Will they meet my requirements? 

Thanks in advance! And merry Christmas!

Jan 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 5
I tried and bought the UE600vi for a friend, and I believe they are a pretty capable single BA earphone. They aren't exactly heavy on bass, however, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend them for you. I do think the SE215 (which I heard briefly at Jaben) should do very nicely for your electronic music. It's got plenty of punchy, reasonably impactful bass at a good price point. They're quite comfortable, too, and with a good seal you'll be happy for electronic :)

I realise that the suitability of an IEM to electronic isn't based just on bass quantity. I just think in this case, the SE215 will satisfy your 'great bass' requirement, while it has pretty fine mids and highs, nothing to complain about based on my 5 minute audition. At $99 it's not a bad IEM at all, although you could buy the 600 and return it later if you wanted to check it out. Good luck!

Jan 22, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
I tried and bought the UE600vi for a friend, and I believe they are a pretty capable single BA earphone. They aren't exactly heavy on bass, however, so I'm not sure if I'd recommend them for you. I do think the SE215 (which I heard briefly at Jaben) should do very nicely for your electronic music. It's got plenty of punchy, reasonably impactful bass at a good price point. They're quite comfortable, too, and with a good seal you'll be happy for electronic :)

I realise that the suitability of an IEM to electronic isn't based just on bass quantity. I just think in this case, the SE215 will satisfy your 'great bass' requirement, while it has pretty fine mids and highs, nothing to complain about based on my 5 minute audition. At $99 it's not a bad IEM at all, although you could buy the 600 and return it later if you wanted to check it out. Good luck!

i would do that but the store that has the deal has a really bad return policy...but they have good deals so ill probably just go with the se215s:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back