Shure SE215 Review (with pictures)
Oct 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #17 of 29
^x2

Oct 12, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #19 of 29

Quote:
Sorry this is a question for OP. How is the fit of your case compared to the jack on these? I'm considering getting a speck candy shell, and I want to know if they fit well enough. Thanks

The 3.5mm jack fits well with the case although the bottom part of the border of the case is a bit squished by the jack. Don't worry though, the that part is thin and flexible so there won't be any distortion afterwards.

Feb 26, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #20 of 29
nice review man, thank you for sharing. just bought these, still burning them in (suggestions on how long i should??)... god the cable is tooooooo long (suggestions on reducing that rediculous length?).... :frowning2: i found shorter replacements on ebay but i wouldnt like anything to damage my brand new earphones, nor to pay an extra 30$ as of now...

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #22 of 29
Weird that you guys have problems with the build quality of the 215s or any shure products for the matter. Myself, on the contrary, can attest to the sheer amount of damage my shure iems can take ^^

Lets see… I have dropped them uncountable times, sat on them, got them caught between train doors (stuck outside for about 8mins), stuffed them in the front pouch of my bag. Less extreme abuse includes using them for endurance runs, in which they tend to can soaked in my sweat and swinging the earpiece around my (bad for the cables). Up till today, my shures are still surviving. Haha

Apr 30, 2012 at 11:14 PM Post #23 of 29
Great review man! Pretty to the point, I don't like a lot of fluff in my written reviews. Anywho, I have a pair of these on the way and am very happy to hear to they suit the type of music I listen to (similar to your tastes but a little my melodic Asking Alexandria kind of stuff) 
L3000.gif

Nov 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #24 of 29
So stoked to get mine.  I just ordered them based on your review.  Earphone Solutions has a 30% off coupon right now (code: THANKS2012)  so I got them for $70.  

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #25 of 29
Quote:
nice review man, thank you for sharing. just bought these, still burning them in (suggestions on how long i should??)... god the cable is tooooooo long (suggestions on reducing that rediculous length?).... :frowning2: i found shorter replacements on ebay but i wouldnt like anything to damage my brand new earphones, nor to pay an extra 30$ as of now...

yeah it is long, but Shure make it for the sake of the stage performance design. For me as a stage bassist, it is the best 100$ IEM with a long and flexible cable (Memory Cable save my day). So the cable were design for stage use. If you want to upgrade into shorter cable, I recommend you to buy Oyaide HPC-SE cable (Oyaide is also the one who makes cable for FitEar), it has more detailed sound than the usual Shure cable (Price is 100$ made in Japan available in red,clear and black color).

Jun 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:
yeah it is long, but Shure make it for the sake of the stage performance design. For me as a stage bassist, it is the best 100$ IEM with a long and flexible cable (Memory Cable save my day). So the cable were design for stage use. If you want to upgrade into shorter cable, I recommend you to buy Oyaide HPC-SE cable (Oyaide is also the one who makes cable for FitEar), it has more detailed sound than the usual Shure cable (Price is 100$ made in Japan available in red,clear and black color).

Hmm, true, it is pretty long and its length could have been tailored specifically for stage performance use. The Oyaide cable looks real nice, especially after considering the fact that my clear cables have become somewhat greenish or brownish in colour. FWIR, this is due to oxidisation right?

Jun 6, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #27 of 29
I am trying Westone star silicone on these and they're dope. Highs normally muffled with Shure foam tips are recovered. I'm really liking them. I have the orange mounted.

Cable length I like for a commuting pair.  On the train, I sometimes put the rig on the seat temporarily while standing to reach up to the rack above. Wire doesn't tug or pull the rig onto the floor.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:
I'm not sure if I like this picture... I tend to be a lot more careful with cables.
Thanks for reminding me why I don't like to buy 2nd hand.

Yeah I would wrap them around my hand an then lay them in flat, not tied in a knot

I had a pair of these and lost them somewhere, 2 things bothered me 1. the stock cables were unwearable for me so I had to use the $50 iPod cable, which was way more comfortable but had duability issues and 2. I generally like more bass and lass treble role off. Other wise I loved them, very detailed mids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back