Shure se215 for the gym?
Oct 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #16 of 46
Just make sure they're cleaned after your workouts and you'll be fine. It's not as worse as it may sound.

How would I go about cleaning them after I workout? Ive read it's bad to pull the cable out that much. What would be the best to clean them with? I just want to take the right steps to make sure my headphones last a long time. Thanks!

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #17 of 46
Actually it might be counterproductive cleaning them that often. As I said, the connectors are the weakest link and you might ended up by widening the connector. Don't mess up with them unless you really need it.

Oct 29, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #18 of 46
Actually it might be counterproductive cleaning them that often. As I said, the connectors are the weakest link and you might ended up by widening the connector. Don't mess up with them unless you really need it.

Could you explain to me how you clean them? I know you said a toothpick, napkin and rubbing alcohol im just not sure the procedure. By widening the connector do you mean the port hole in the IEM itself? Is that a reported problem with shure products?

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #19 of 46
How would I go about cleaning them after I workout? Ive read it's bad to pull the cable out that much. What would be the best to clean them with? I just want to take the right steps to make sure my headphones last a long time. Thanks!

I meant to say that you should just wipe them down with a damp cloth after every workout. Refrain from disconnecting the cables too often cause the connection weakens every time you disconnect them. Do NOT use rubbing alcohol. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #22 of 46
Yes, in fact I own 3 pairs of Shure IEMs. I don't work out with them, but I do wipe them down with a damp cloth every now and then, and when my sleeves get dirty, I just rinse them in some mildly soapy water and them air dry. 

I have another question for you. I read a lot of posts from 2011 about tons of issues with shure IEM's. Mainly the 215 cut out a lot cause the wire system sucks? Have you experienced this at all?

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #23 of 46
I have another question for you. I read a lot of posts from 2011 about tons of issues with shure IEM's. Mainly the 215 cut out a lot cause the wire system sucks? Have you experienced this at all?

Nope. It might have something to do with me never disconnecting the cable, but I haven't had any issues. *knock on wood* Just be sure that you're not putting too much strain on the cable when you're packing your earphones away and you'll be fine. 

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #24 of 46
Nope. It might have something to do with me never disconnecting the cable, but I haven't had any issues. *knock on wood* Just be sure that you're not putting too much strain on the cable when you're packing your earphones away and you'll be fine. 

Also another question. In your opinion which tips are best for the highs to shine through. I know it's not a treble IEM but I'd like the best I can get

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #27 of 46
The olives (foam tips) will be your best bet. 

Also! I put on the large foam tips, I usually use medium in every other IEM. But with the largest size it seems to open up all the frequencies and sounds the most balanced, but it does feel like it's pressing against my ears like it's kind of tight. The mediums are the most comfortable but they don't seem to have a perfect seal all the time

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:27 PM Post #28 of 46
Also! I put on the large foam tips, I usually use medium in every other IEM. But with the largest size it seems to open up all the frequencies and sounds the most balanced, but it does feel like it's pressing against my ears like it's kind of tight. The mediums are the most comfortable but they don't seem to have a perfect seal all the time

Yeah, the large sleeves are a tad wide, but the more you use them, the more they'll adhere to the size of your ear canal.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #29 of 46
Yeah, the large sleeves are a tad wide, but the more you use them, the more adhere to the size of your ear canal.

So it's better to just stick it out and eventually it won't press as much in my ear? It's weird though how the large size opens up the upper range more, wouldn't you think a bigger sleeve would create more bass?

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #30 of 46
I use the Shure 535s at the gym. I route the cable through my shirt on the inside and into my pocket to the iPhone. This way I never tangle it when on the bench, etc. I just wipe the cable when I am done.

You don't need to do this when on the elliptical, etc. You can just let it hang if it is not in the way.

I have never had a problem, and they still look and work as new.

I do buy the foam ear tips in bulk. 20 packs at a time. You replace them as needed.

Have at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back