Shure SE210 /Weston UM1 sound signature?
Oct 31, 2007 at 12:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

P.F. Jo

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys...

My last post about the etys came up with some bad reviews about them from people, so I'm also checking into the Shure SE210 & Westone UM1 option..

Once again, my own sound preferences are super clean vocals/electric guitars , good mids, warm if possible, with an edge for tom drums [mid-bass], and tight [NON bloated] bass.

I'm listening to metal, rock, and their subgenres..

So, Does any of these two phones matches my taste? And if both, which does a better job at it?
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks,

-Jo

Oct 31, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #2 of 7
I wouldn't describe the 210's as clean sounding, but they are warm. Also their bass is a bit bloated, clouding the details.
Try one of the super.fi's. The vocals and guitar sound cleaner and crisper than any of the shures i've listened to.

I dont know about the um1.

Oct 31, 2007 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks

Anyone else?

BTW If it helps, right now I've got Victor JVC HAE-50 clip ons [I think thats the model name], i was ok with their sound signature [although its kind of lean nowdays, i think cus they've been overused lol] - but their fit is horrible lol..

-Jo

Oct 31, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 7
btw, How does this rig sounds?

Creative ZVM [Flac uncompressed to Wav/ 320VBR]>PA2v2*>Westone UM1?

*I'm considering to buy this along with another headphone to make the sound warmer without making bloated bass or compensating on the clean highs/mids.

Thanks!

-Jo

Oct 31, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #6 of 7
ZVM Doesnt support FLAC's so I decompress them to not lose their 'loseless' quality..

Well, The ety's doesn't have warm mids to my understanding, thats something I really like in a headphone, that - and crystal clear highs.. bass, as long as its present but tight is good for me..

So what about the shures/ westones? and how does that whole rig up there sounds?

Thanks,

-Jo

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:28 AM Post #7 of 7
^?

[Sorry but this reached 3'rd page by now
tongue.gif
]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back