Shure SE110 vs Klipsch Custom 2 HELP?!?
Sep 16, 2009 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Gatecrasher

New Head-Fier
Hey guys new to the forums, and I am wondering if I can ask you guys a question.
Iam looking to buy my first set of in-ear headphones, and because I can get them at a good price and I have been told they are each good headphones I have narrowed it down to two sets.
These two:
Buy the Klipsch Custom 2 Premium Headphones at TigerDirect.ca

Buy the Shure SE110 Sound Isolating Earphones (Black) at TigerDirect.ca

What I am looking for is a clear and soft sound, I listen to mostly to music with guitars and drums so I don't think I need heavy bass.

What do you guys think I would be more happy with?
And do you think the Klipsch is worth the extra $40 CAN?

Thank you.

Sep 16, 2009 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 11
^you've been recommending the PL50 quite everywhere. Are they that good?

To OP, I would recommend against the SE110. High quality assembly, sturdily built. Isolation is superb. However, the sound quality is quite poor in the price range if I'm honest.

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 11
The Custom 2s give a decent acoustic profile, IF you can get them to fit decently. Good luck with that; it was hell for me--I had to use some Shure triple-flange tips.

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rip N' Burn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had the PL50's, but for $99, the RE0 is a much better value with superior sq.

Well now I dont know what to do.
The pl50 seem to be getting amazing reviews, however the RE0 look alittle more solid and better built to me.

Have you tried the pl-50?

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #8 of 11
I have both of them now since I actually found some Custom 2's on the ground the other day. All I have to say is that the C2's blow the SE110 out of the water in all aspects. Coming from the Image X10, I do find the highs on the C2 to be extremely awkward, there is just something funky about it. It is still miles ahead of the rolled off highs of the SE110. The bass on the C2 is present and nice and punchy, where the SE110 needs like a Fiio E3 or somthing to sound much better.

Sep 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #11 of 11
I have tried both the Se110 and the Custom-2's...and have to second Pandimoniums advice. The Custom 2's are by far the better choice. They can take a little while to get a good fit, but this forum <meta name="description" content="Klipsch audio systems provide the true audio/video lover a wide variety of high performance loudspeakers and loudspeaker systems for music and home theater entertainment centers, including iPod speakers, multimedia s (with advice by the lead designer of the IEM's) has a great guide. Apart from that I've been quite impressed. Good isolation, excellent with strings, and generally a pretty excellent set of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back