SHURE SE 535 (First Post)- May you guys give me advice to take advantage of these sets?
Aug 15, 2011 at 12:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Megazine

New Head-Fier
Hello fellow tuners. I'm new to this forum and so far I learned a few things here. This is my first so let me get started.

I did research and I settled for the SHURE SE535. I would like advice on how to take advantage of these? I will be using my iPad2 and iphone4 mostly. I have a few questions first:

I have a Onkyo Reciver that does 7.1, TruHD, Masteraudio etc at home that has a 1/4 jack. Would I receive better sound quality by using my receiver? If I do receive better sound what devices should I use to send the sound to receiver then to headphones? PS3, iPod Dock....?

Would a portable amp make a huge difference? I heard with the SHURE SE535 you dont really need a amp to receive/notice better sound quality?

Do I need to do a burn in for my IEM and how/where? I also heard the SHURE SE535 doesn't really need to.

Is there anymore information I should know?

Thanks!

Aug 15, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
Hello fellow tuners. I'm new to this forum and so far I learned a few things here. This is my first so let me get started.

I did research and I settled for the SHURE SE535. I would like advice on how to take advantage of these? I will be using my iPad2 and iphone4 mostly. I have a few questions first:

I have a Onkyo Reciver that does 7.1, TruHD, Masteraudio etc at home that has a 1/4 jack. Would I receive better sound quality by using my receiver? If I do receive better sound what devices should I use to send the sound to receiver then to headphones? PS3, iPod Dock....?

Would a portable amp make a huge difference? I heard with the SHURE SE535 you dont really need a amp to receive/notice better sound quality?

Do I need to do a burn in for my IEM and how/where? I also heard the SHURE SE535 doesn't really need to.

Is there anymore information I should know?

Thanks!

Welcome to Head Fi . To answer your questions, I don't think it's absolutely necessarily to use an amp with the SE 535 because they're so sensitive and when you do use one the difference is minute at best. However, the sound signature will be altered by the amp. As far as burn in goes ( a huge controversy here ), I burn in dynamic drivers iems for around 300 hrs and balanced armature iems such as the SE 535 for around 100 hrs with music at medium sound level. Just go enjoy your new toy and worry about the accessories such as amps and cables later, imo of course.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 5
Buy yourself a nice long headphone cable extension for plugging into your receiver for moments when you don't want to disturb the household. I did this for my 535s for watching movies and playing games, and it was a great idea.

Aug 15, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #5 of 5
Buy yourself a nice long headphone cable extension for plugging into your receiver for moments when you don't want to disturb the household. I did this for my 535s for watching movies and playing games, and it was a great idea.

I'm definitely interested in your idea and will purchase this week but I have a question. Say a movie is playing in TruHD or Lossless (Blu-ray via PS3) will the audio be compressed or in some way less SQ because of IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back