Shure SE 315, SE425, SE 535 detachable wires... my last pair of headphones ever?
Jan 3, 2011 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

calvinboy24

New Head-Fier
First time poster, but I know this is where all the experts hang out...  I need to get replacement earphones as my SE210's left sound is scratchy which I can attribute to a wire failure.  This is my 3rd Shure (E2c, then the SE210 which I got a replacement under the 2 year warranty).  Each previous earphone (and other crappy non-Shure's generic ones) failed because of the wires.

Now I see Shure has detachable wires for their higher SE line and I'm wondering if this is the last pair of earphones I'll need (metaphorically speaking)?  If wires are traditionally the earliest and easiest point of failure, then getting replacement wires would essentially mean that the earpiece with the microdriver can be used for years?  To either repair or replace earphones because of a faulty wire is costly, but the wires are $40-$50.  Also, the wires for this line are kevlar reinforced so should be stronger.

I'm also interested in the CBL-M+-K's which basically replaced the modular system of the SE210's, but these are the same price as the modular phone/music/microphone adapter from before.

I'm trying to justify if myself because if the detachable wires really will make the lifespan of the earphones longer, then I'm leaning more towards the SE425 and even possibly the SE535.  I use earphones everyday and as much as I try to be careful, daily wear and tear inevitably leads to wire failure.

Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Jan 3, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 3
Only problem I have with them is that the nozzle isn't as strong as it was on the SE110. That aside, these should last you something in the neighborhood of 10 years - if you don't deliberately try to break it.

I love my SE425s.

Mar 19, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 3
I bought my Shure 535, and I can say to you that the quality of the cable is stellar, it feels very durable, and its very thick. Specially in the clear version you can see how well made this cables can be. But I felt the CBL-M+-K doesnt feel so good as the stock one, and for the price, u can buy some decent headphones just to use with your iphone. But If u ask, yes, I have this feeling that I can have this headphone for 10 years

Users who are viewing this thread

Back