Shure scl4 vs Sennheiser PX100
Sep 12, 2008 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

netsky3

100+ Head-Fier
I have already the sennheiser but i have the possibilty to buy the scl4 at low price.
What are the differencies between these headphones?
Who sounds better? There's difference or they sounds similar?
thanks for the info
wink.gif

and sorry for my english
dt880smile.png

Sep 12, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #2 of 11
The PX-100 is going to give you more bass and soundstage but the SCL4 will give you more detail. As far as the better sound it's almost a toss up. Some would prefer the Senns and some the Shures. I personally would take the SCL4's in a heartbeat.

Sep 12, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #3 of 11
Well, it's really hard to compare cans and IEMs, it's like comparing apples and oranges. I'd say SCL4's will give you more detail, but PX100 might still be more to my liking. Although, in terms of isolation, there's no competition at all.

Sep 13, 2008 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 11
Hell, if you have the opportunity, take it! It's a great, detailed IEM, a little shy on the bass, but the amazing detail makes it all worth it
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by netsky3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
another question, in terms of comfort, what are your favorite form of earbud?
triple flange, black foam or others?
smily_headphones1.gif

You well get different opinions on this. I find cutting the small tip off of the triflange and trimming the bottom gives me the best comfort/isolation/sound especially after they soften up a bit, but many prefer the black foam. You have to experiment with this.

Sep 17, 2008 at 2:27 AM Post #8 of 11
PX100

Sep 17, 2008 at 10:58 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lennys /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You well get different opinions on this. I find cutting the small tip off of the triflange and trimming the bottom gives me the best comfort/isolation/sound especially after they soften up a bit, but many prefer the black foam. You have to experiment with this.

It's the same for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oak3x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PX100

Sounds incredible, so much difference in price!!
mad.gif

I have to buy that sennheiser, everyone is so proud of them!!
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 17, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #10 of 11
I got them both; the Shures are much more refined, the px100 gives far more bass, both are enjoyable.
But as others pointed out, no fair comparison can be made, the pricedifference and the difference in isolation (in and out) is huge.
They do complement each other nice though, so adding the px100 seems sensible in general, but of course it is about your specific listening habbits.

May 31, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #11 of 11
I have the Sennheiser Px100 & love this headphone alot. In fact it sounds very good & is so comfortable you don't know you have it on. Yes it's that comfortable...it's unbelieveable. I tried in ear canalphones although they are good in detail but so are the PX100 (for a portable headphone) & nothing beats the Sennheiser Px100 for extremely good comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back