Shure SCL4 vs Etymotic ER-6i
Jan 11, 2009 at 5:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iamxyj

New Head-Fier
Ok, I know you're probably all thinking what kind of comparison is this? They are of completely different caliber. Please read on. My situation is this. I currently have an ER-6i and I recently purchased the Shure SCL4 ($79 deal). The SCL4 is backordered until something like January 19. Anyway, I'm hearing a lot of people say the SCL4 is very light in bass. The ER-6i is also known to have very light bass. My question is, will the SCL4 have any sort of improvement over the ER-6i in terms of bass AND overall? Is the purchase worth it? Suggestions/comments?

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #4 of 8
E4C > 6i

Jan 12, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 8
I have both, so I'll post some quick comments. The E4C/SCL4 has a bit more bass and goes a bit deeper than the ER6i. It's still not enough to satisfy bassheads, but if you already liked the ER6i, you'll appreciate the extra bit of bass. The mids are fuller on the E4C, and the highs are a bit smoother as well. The Shures are a fairly substantial upgrade over the ER6i, but if you listen to a lot of hip hop or rap, I'd suggest you look for a different set of iems.

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #6 of 8
Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for. Awesome, now I can't wait for the back order to get fulfilled. I called today and they said their Jan 16 shipment got canceled and their next shipment is on the 23rd.

Jan 21, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #7 of 8
I would compare the ECL4 to the ER4-P.

The ECL4 is a nice compliment to the ER4. It has more output at lower octaves, but doesn't have the ER4 high end sparkle.

The ECL4 is pretty well balanced from top to bottom with a little roll off on both the top and bottom end, but everything in-between there is very nice and smooth.

Jan 21, 2009 at 2:36 PM Post #8 of 8
Etymotic!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back