shure or ultimate ear!?
Mar 7, 2006 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ryanlopez4550

Head-Fier
ok im FINALLY letting me earbuds go because theyre pretty much dead lol

im trying to stay around 100 dollars for some good in ears
etysmile.gif

super fi 3 by ultimate ear... MAYBE the 5 EB because the normal 5s are like 50 dollars more

or

shure ec2 and POSSIBLY the ec4

i listen mostly to like soundgarden and stuff so the EB isnt too important to me...

sorry this is all starting to look very confusing lol

the most expensive ones for me would be the ec4 which ive found for 170

Mar 7, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #3 of 8
I just received my ultimate ears super fi 3 today after returning the shure e2cs I purchased. My initial impressions of the ultimate ears are favorable, but I need to let them break in. They dont seem to have a whole lot of bass but maybe thats because they are unamped.

I would advise against the shure e2cs as they are large and uncomfortable to wear for more than 20 minutes or so.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:19 AM Post #4 of 8
i heard a few complaints about the shures being uncomfortable and they dont really look to comfy either... i can get them for 70 dollars but spending 20 more for ones ill use seems to make more sense lol

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:27 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryanlopez4550
i heard a few complaints about the shures being uncomfortable and they dont really look to comfy either... i can get them for 70 dollars but spending 20 more for ones ill use seems to make more sense lol

I just had my E4's in w/ foamies for 4 hours and no discomfort at all...I forget they're in my ears.

The Shures will have a low profile look with the foamies.

Mar 7, 2006 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 8
imo, ignore the Super.fi EB's!

You like rock, so the Etymotics or possibly the Shures would be very fitting for you. I have the super.fi 5's, but not tried the 3s.

Mar 7, 2006 at 8:51 AM Post #8 of 8
still not sure what to do... i guess i could just return them if i dont like them so tomorrow ill buy the UE 3... based this on what everyone says about the UE5 and on a lot of what i hear dealing with the uncomfyness of the ec2

99 bux which evens out considering theres no shipping

Users who are viewing this thread

Back