Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Dec 16, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #2,701 of 6,059
I just got the KSE1500 yestersay. Curious do you all hear popping sound once in a while with usb connection from Iphone 7? I hear alot of popping sound.. strange when I pause it, I did not hear popping sound.. only when music is playing. 

Dec 16, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #2,702 of 6,059
Ok solved popping sound with Iphone 7. This is what i did//

1)Unlock your iPhone
2)Hit settings
3)Tap General
4)Scroll down to reset
5)Punch "Erase network settings"
6)Wait for the phone to reboot and recommence initialisation

There was a known bug with Iphone 7 using external dac connected directly to it. The noise cancellation is causing the popping sound. Either reset the network settings or turn off noise cancellation works. 

I would like to thank myself so much for the tips. Audiowood is such a cute and sweet person.. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 17, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #2,704 of 6,059
Ok solved popping sound with Iphone 7. This is what i did//

1)Unlock your iPhone

2)Hit settings

3)Tap General

4)Scroll down to reset

5)Punch "Erase network settings"

6)Wait for the phone to reboot and recommence initialisation

There was a known bug with Iphone 7 using external dac connected directly to it. The noise cancellation is causing the popping sound. Either reset the network settings or turn off noise cancellation works. 

I would like to thank myself so much for the tips. Audiowood is such a cute and sweet person.. :D  

I have heard the same about Audiowood :).

One tip give NePLAYER app a chance as your player of choice on your iPhone. I have bought and compared all of the apps that allow you to play high resolution music and on pure sound quality I found NePLAYER the best. I would also recommend Kaisertone if the user interface is more to your liking.

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #2,705 of 6,059
@Audiowood, cool so how do you like them so far?

After listening for 10hrs, I kind of felt a sense of great regret..

I should have gotten this earlier... it's technically on another plane of existence above all other. Sound so good I have literally no words.. only silence for 10hrs...

Dec 17, 2016 at 6:20 PM Post #2,706 of 6,059
I have heard the same about Audiowood :).

One tip give NePLAYER app a chance as your player of choice on your iPhone. I have bought and compared all of the apps that allow you to play high resolution music and on pure sound quality I found NePLAYER the best. I would also recommend Kaisertone if the user interface is more to your liking.

Ok I will download and try the ne player.. thanks a lot.

Dec 17, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #2,707 of 6,059
After listening for 10hrs, I kind of felt a sense of great regret..

I should have gotten this earlier... it's technically on another plane of existence above all other. Sound so good I have literally no words.. only silence for 10hrs...
Yes they are, but others are a good complement because sometimes you want another flavor...less transparency

Dec 28, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #2,708 of 6,059
Just a heads up... I'm not in the market, but I saw Shure KSE1500 for $2500 on buysonic.com.  I bought my Westone W40 there in the past for a deep discount.  Authentic product with quick shipping.  

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #2,709 of 6,059
Do any of you guys have a problem where the lemo connector is loose to the point where the iems can disconnect with slight pressure on the plug?

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:06 PM Post #2,712 of 6,059
Do any of you guys have a problem where the lemo connector is loose to the point where the iems can disconnect with slight pressure on the plug?

That is dangerous. You should stop using it since it is instructed that you insert the lemo connector first then switch on the amp/dac.

Whatever is happening to ur lemo connector only shure can fix it. Remember it is a high voltage and risks aren't diminshionless in here.

Dec 30, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #2,714 of 6,059
Anyone have customs made by the recommended Shure company and if so how do they compare to the stock squishys?

Yes, I use the Sensaphonic custom sleeves (SCS) with my KSE1500s. I thought I had a good seal with the Westone Star Tips or the Shure foam but unlike my SE846s, one ear was a little uncomfortable for extended listening which led me to Sensaphonics. Also, when I was in Chicago fellow Head-Fi member MCoupe threatened me with unlimited Taylor Swift listening if I did not go over to Sensaphonics office which was less then an mile away.

I preface my reaction to the effects on the sounds with the caveat that insertion depth, anatomy of an individual's inner ear and proper fit of the custom sleeves have a large effect on the acoustics. That being said, I found the comfort and tonal changes very striking. I expected because of the perfect seal an increase in the bass response but what surprised me was an equal increase in the treble response as well with no diminution of the midrange.

In short, the SCS opened the entire sonic spectrum for me and was well worth the additional $300 (my price included the audiologist exam at Sensaphonics as well as the custom color). With my initial caveat in mind, I unreservedly recommend the SCS.

p.s. I forgot to mention all of the folks at Sensaphonics were a real pleasure to work with throughout the process.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back