Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Feb 19, 2016 at 10:09 PM Post #1,681 of 6,059
mmm....and so I tried the Comply P series with the KSE. Sound isolation is about the same as the stock Shure olive. SQ wise, I couldn't tell the difference. The stock olive did sound just a tad (very minimal)  clearer and it still is my preferred eartips. I could live with either.

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #1,685 of 6,059
I got to try the KSE1500 yesterday.  They fit really like just like the 846.  I used it paired with my iPhone and kaisertone app.  I was amazed how good it sounded.  It had good deep bass, clear mids and highs.  I found that other staxs I tried before have weaker bass then I prefer.  There was also quite a bit of sibilance to me in the highs.  I also found that the minor details and instruments weren't as noticeable as my UE PRM.  I think this could be the ES9018 DAC they used.  I didn't get to try another DAC with the setup so I am unsure.  Could be the DAC is the weakest link in the system since other people on forums found it better with hugo or ak380.

Feb 20, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #1,686 of 6,059
The dac is definitely the weakest in the link. Use another dac for a much better sound.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #1,687 of 6,059
I've not yet seen any feedback on Sensaphonics' custom shells for the KSE1500. Mine finally arrived today. Let me start out by saying that my new year's resolution for 2016 was to focus more on the positives. Hence, this review is going to be quite short.

Pros: They look quite cool.

Cons: As I said, I'm going to focus on the positives here :wink:

I'll give Sensaphonics another shot at re-making these before I go through my laundry list of issues on head-fi, but you can immediately see one unexpected difference from my SE846 shells in the image below.

Feb 20, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #1,689 of 6,059
I've not yet seen any feedback on Sensaphonics' custom shells for the KSE1500. Mine finally arrived today. Let me start out by saying that my new year's resolution for 2016 was to focus more on the positives. Hence, this review is going to be quite short.

I'll give Sensaphonics another shot at re-making these before I go through my laundry list of issues on head-fi, but you can immediately see one unexpected difference from my SE846 shells in the image below.

I also saw a big reduction in the same part of my Sensaphonics shells. Leads to a poorer fit for me. But there is the 30 day return policy for them to improve the shells. But yeah, I had the same immediate reaction, and a reduction in the quality of my fit. A shame.

Feb 20, 2016 at 8:32 PM Post #1,690 of 6,059
I have to get my A2P amp back out. I love that little amp. 

Quote:

Tube lover indeed.  And this combo is MAGICAL ! 

Feb 20, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #1,691 of 6,059
beyersmile.png
tongue_smile.gif
Quote:

mmmm.....wt...??? Your ear canals mutated?

Feb 21, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #1,694 of 6,059
I tried with the Dave yesterday. It was fantastic. Wonder is the TT similar to the Dave. At 1/3 the price I dig if similar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back