Shure IEM - not working properly... help!
post-7638521
Post #1 of 7

mannn

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
i have a pair of Shure E3c from a few years ago, which i use once or twice every week for the last 1.5 yrs.  I have always stored it in the case that came with it.
I was using it last week which everything was fine... today when i took it out.. i noticed that the left channel doesn't have any sound while the right side sounds perfect.  as i turn up the volum on my ipod to max, i noticed that the left channel does have a very faint sound coming out, but nothing close to normal hearing volume....

is this a problem caused by a splitted wire somehwere along the lines?  fixable?  or am i looking for a new pair?

any help would be appreciated.. Thanks in advance!

post-7638859
Post #2 of 7

sethdude101

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
if it was a split wire, you would not be able to get any sound from the left earbud. it could be a broken driver. i think your best bet would be to call shure. their products useally have a 2 yr warranty anyway, so if they cant fix it hopefully they will replace it

post-7638898
Post #3 of 7

hamproof

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Most likely ear wax built up :) Take the cleaning tool and see if you get the harden wax out

post-7639683
Post #4 of 7

mannn

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks guys... looks like it's the driver that gave out... cleaned the phones as well as wiggled the wires... nothing works.. :frowning2:

post-7641685
Post #5 of 7

hamproof

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
If this is out of warranty, you can contact Shure and they'll send you a  brand new SE315 for a cool $96 + tax. Shipping is included in the price. You just need to send the defective e3c to them.

I did the same 2 weeks ago with my e3g which is the same as e3c except for color and length of cable if I recall. However, if you are comfortable with the e3c, the SE315 may not be for you. I found out a bit too late that the SE315 size, though small, is quite a lot larger than the e3c/g. Memory wire/cable and detachable wires are nice as well as the bass tune port, but I can't get comfortable with the SE315 :frowning2:

Not sure what the rules are for offering them for sale, but I rather than offend the mods. I can't put them for sale yet in the forum as I haven't hit the min 15 required posts, though I've been a member since 2006 :frowning2:

Here's one more post count added for me :wink:

post-7642040
Post #6 of 7

mannn

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the info... are you in USA or Canada?  I wonder if that makes a difference as i am in Canada....
but this gives me hope... i will try and contact them after the weekend

post-7774438
Post #7 of 7

mannn

New Head-Fier
Reaction score
Just an update for those who might have similar situation like me.

I am located in Canada, when called Shure Canada about the out-of-warranty that Hamproof mentioned, they have no clue, they just send me away saying my IEMs are out of warranty and no repair can be done.  I believe they use a 3rd party repairing agency here in cananda.

So i called Shure USA, tell them about my IEM situation, the lady immediately tells me about the replacement program.  I asked if it applies if i ship from canada, and she confirmed she will.  I just need to fill in a form, send in the defect plus pre-authorized payment for the new 315s.

done that, 3 weeks later the 315 are at my door!  all for $96 and I was not charged custom or duty or tax

i am a happy man once again!  Thanks to Hamproof for the info, i almost throw these away to garbage!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)