Shure e6c - when will it release?
Jul 1, 2005 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

solvexyz

1000+ Head-Fier
well, now we have e2c, e3c, e4c, and e5c. Do you guys think shure will release shure e6c next year. Because after owning e4c for about a week, I feel an urge to upgrade to e5c. I think I can wait for another year before I pull the trigger and upgrade my shure e4c.

damn, my pocket becomes thinner and thinner since the day I found out head-fi.

Jul 1, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #4 of 22
hard to say. if they go much beyond what the E5c goes for, they would be solidly in the custom IEM territory. my guess is that the line will stay how it is for quite a while (as in a couple years) and that the E6c will replace the E5c at the E5c's current price point.

Jul 1, 2005 at 5:28 AM Post #7 of 22
Ah, so it's just speculation. I was thinking though, a lot of people like the E4c more than the E5c. I haven't heard either but it seems like the E4c has made the E5c obsolete, so I could see the E6c replacing the E5c.

Jul 1, 2005 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emon
Ah, so it's just speculation. I was thinking though, a lot of people like the E4c more than the E5c. I haven't heard either but it seems like the E4c has made the E5c obsolete, so I could see the E6c replacing the E5c.

I don't think the E4c has made the E5c obsolete, nor was that ever the intention of the product. Judging by the posts here, there are definitely some people that prefer the E5c...

Regarding the thread title, I'd guess we won't be seeing the E6c in the near future.
wink.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #9 of 22
They will never produce anything like the E6 unless they discontinue the E5.

They can't really can't go above $500 MSRP; there is too much resistance among average consumers to purchase an earphone that expensive no matter how good it may sound.

But they also can't release another canal phone in that price range unless they discontinue the E5; it would be idiotic to have a product overlap like that.

Once you get into >$500 range, we're talking custom-fit IEM's, a market that shure generic fit earphones aren't designed to compete in. They would rather create a new brand name and marketing campaign.

-Matt

Jul 1, 2005 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Because after owning e4c for about a week, I feel an urge to upgrade to e5c.

What specifically in e4c feeds your urge?
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
well, now we have e2c, e3c, e4c, and e5c. Do you guys think shure will release shure e6c next year.

But it'll be pointless since after "owning e6c for about a week" you'll long for e7c
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
the E6c comes out tomorrow. they are bright pink with rhinestones. quite chic, really.

Actually we had to get rid of the rhinestones because too many people feared that they would be stolen.
tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 3:29 PM Post #12 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
Actually we had to get rid of the rhinestones because too many people feared that they would be stolen.
tongue.gif

frown.gif
that's really too bad, as the rhinestones really imparted some of that liberace charm.

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfrenchman27
They will never produce anything like the E6 unless they discontinue the E5.

They can't really can't go above $500 MSRP; there is too much resistance among average consumers to purchase an earphone that expensive no matter how good it may sound.

But they also can't release another canal phone in that price range unless they discontinue the E5; it would be idiotic to have a product overlap like that.

Once you get into >$500 range, we're talking custom-fit IEM's, a market that shure generic fit earphones aren't designed to compete in. They would rather create a new brand name and marketing campaign.

-Matt

Well, Shure e6c can be triple drivers instead of duel like in e5c, and this will have no reason to discontinue e5c. From reading the review, there is still a lot of improvements that can be made on the e5c.

To be honest, a headphone like sony mdr-cd3000 is over $500, and some people still spend their cash on it. Therefore, I think the possibility is still there that we see e6c and not discontinuing e5c.

As regard to the new brand name, I think Shure Triport is awesome instead of shure e6c. LOL if it is triple drivers.

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:05 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
frown.gif
that's really too bad, as the rhinestones really imparted some of that liberace charm.

If it were pink Liberace might have approved.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 7:08 PM Post #15 of 22
The e6c will include a subwoofer that is implanted in your nasal sinus cavity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back