Shure E5c High Sensitivity Problem
May 22, 2005 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Possede

500+ Head-Fier
I have had these for under a week and I love 'em! They're exactly what I have been looking for in a canal phone, since I first had my E2c's. Only there is a slight problem, when they are connected to my pc or my iPod, there is a large amount of "Hissing" which can be heard in the background. After some listening the hissing becomes more apparent, and I was wondering if there is a cure to get rid of the hissing.

I also found a site selling the E5c's, but it had a picture of something else. I'm confused.
tongue.gif

Thanks,
Possédé

May 22, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Sell them and get E4c's.
evil_smiley.gif

The hissing was part of the reason I sold my pair month or so ago (and the fact I just wasn't using them often enough). Maybe an adaptor like Ety's P-S cable would help?

Actually as I understand it, the attenuator that comes with the E5c set at its highest setting is basically a p-s cable.

May 22, 2005 at 4:55 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Salt Peanuts
Sell them and get E4c's.
evil_smiley.gif

The hissing was part of the reason I sold my pair month or so ago (and the fact I just wasn't using them often enough). Maybe an adaptor like Ety's P-S cable would help?

That'll be right!
280smile.gif
I can hardly hear it with my iPod, the music drowns most of it out. But it is very hissy with my Pc and Sony cd player. Oh well...

May 22, 2005 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
That'll be right!
280smile.gif
I can hardly hear it with my iPod, the music drowns most of it out. But it is very hissy with my Pc and Sony cd player. Oh well...

Hi Possede,

I found using Xin's Supermacro with impedence switch, switched on take care of the hiss problem. Given that I run E5c out of my Powerbook at times.

Best of luck,
Overlunge

May 22, 2005 at 9:18 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by overlunge
Hi Possede,

I found using Xin's Supermacro with impedence switch, switched on take care of the hiss problem. Given that I run E5c out of my Powerbook at times.

Best of luck,
Overlunge

Gulp. I would rather spend that $300 on something else. I'm trying to save up $500 for a bedroom cd player.
tongue.gif
Oh well... I can live with it (For just now!).

Thanks guys.
wink.gif

May 22, 2005 at 9:55 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Possédé
Gulp. I would rather spend that $300 on something else. I'm trying to save up $500 for a bedroom cd player.
tongue.gif
Oh well... I can live with it (For just now!).

Thanks guys.
wink.gif

No worries, you can always pick up a used Supermacro v.1 in the amp for sale forum like I did.
icon10.gif

Overlunge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back