Shure E500/SE530 visual difference.
Jul 24, 2007 at 5:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

caramelsoul

100+ Head-Fier
Im a bit confused over the visual difference of the Shure E500 and the SE 530. I recently sent in my E500 for repairs because the right side was muffled but they said they didnt have any E500's left so sent me out a brand new unopened boxed SE530 with PTH. The funny thing is they looked the same as the pair i sent in like this but i thought the SE range looked like this. Im not complaining as i am over the moon to get a brand new pair but i thought the markings on these two headphones were different.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:17 AM Post #2 of 8
They are the EXACT same headphone. All that is different is the box and the sleeves they come with. The pics may look different, but they are identical in every single way. Shure uses different lighting settings in their pics, and so do many other manufactures. Look at Sennheiser's HD650s on the Senn site, then on the Headroom site. Look completely different.

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:08 AM Post #3 of 8
Thats not strictly true as the cable has changed from the ones i originally had but i am aware they are the same headphones. I am talking about visually as from the pictures thae difference is more than just lighting.

Jul 24, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 8
How has the cable changed?

I just got mine back today, and I got E500s.

I sent mine back for bad cables too.
frown.gif

Jul 24, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom10167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How has the cable changed?

I just got mine back today, and I got E500s.

I sent mine back for bad cables too.
frown.gif

I didnt send mine back for bad cables, from what i can assertane it was one of the right channel drivers that failed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by georgep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The E500 has "E500" imprinted on the branch that becomes the mini jack. I am assuming the se530 has "SE530". I have not seen the se530 in person to say whether they have a different cable but otherwise the iem portion is identical in colour, shade, style, labeling, etc.

Well it must be the pics that are misleading me. But the cable on my original pair were thicker and grey in colour rather than the black i got with my new ones.

AS i said im not complaining as im more than happy with my new pair and the soft black foamies really do make the difference although i had already bought a npack before i got new ones free with the replacements.

Shure are a great company to deal with in retrospect.

Jul 25, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #8 of 8
Depending on how old your E500s were, that cable may be different than what you have with the SE530s. In another thread, Sugarfried said that Shure redesigned the cables for these phones several months ago. I don't know if you can see a visual difference between the old cable and new though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back