shure e4c case question.
May 22, 2005 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 13
I believe Shure removed the spool that existed on the previos cases probably based on some of the feedback on this forum. Seems like many Head-Fiers found the center plastic spool a bit of a pain to deal with and preferred to remove it entirely and simply roll up their headphone cables and put them in directly. The trick is to wrap the cable and buds around 3 or 4 fingers (whichever works better) then simply drop the rolled up bundle directly into the case and zip up...much faster and less cumbersome than the previous method (not to mention less strain on the cable too).

May 22, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
(not to mention less strain on the cable too).

Bingo. We've been assured that the spool is not the root cause of the common E2c cable failure, but whether or not that's true, the absence of the spool in this case makes me a lot more confident and willing to use it with my E4cs.

May 22, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Great King Bowse
Heh, what's the correct way to put the e2Cs in their case?

Separate the left and right buds and put them in the middle with their cable coming out the gap, then winding the lot round?

IIRC (I've removed the spool from my case) the best way was to insert the jack end into the middle of the spool, passing the cable through the slot then winding them around being careful to tuck the y-joint nicely around the side. Continue wrapping until you get to the bud end then settle the buds in the middle. It really is much easier to use a little allen (hex) wrench to take the spool out. If you put it back together afterwards, the Shure emblem piece will be a little loose but won't fall out.

6257e3case.jpg

The above was an E3 case but they're essentially the same.
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2005 at 12:53 AM Post #7 of 13
Aw... I liked the spool in my e3c case...
frown.gif

Jun 12, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 13
Hex wrench, pifff, I just used a pair of plier and ripped the tabs out, actually I ripped every off of the shure logo piece and jsut superguled it in its spot to cover up the holes.

Aug 24, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #10 of 13
Thanks Jasper994, i just removed the spool per your instructions. A 5/64ths hex wrench did the trick. To correct the now loose fitting plastic Shure hole cover, I wrapped a small rubber band around the base of the tabs. The "tear em out and superglue" method sounds good too though.

Aug 25, 2005 at 1:15 AM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoteriX
Aw... I liked the spool in my e3c case...
frown.gif

Me too. I even bought another one for my other earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back