Shure e4/c/g, All the same???
Mar 20, 2006 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Da Mammoth

New Head-Fier
I know the e4c & g's are the same headphone except cable length, but is the e4 the same or earlier model with different sound etc?? I have the opportunity to buy the e4 off ebay but want to know this first.

Thanks all
580smile.gif

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Mammoth
Thanks guys,

They all being equal, then I think i'll have a go and buy them.

Is this a better buy than the super fi 5 pro's?
eggosmile.gif

This is debatable. Use the search function. There has been much discussion over this matter.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Mammoth
Thanks guys,

They all being equal, then I think i'll have a go and buy them.

Is this a better buy than the super fi 5 pro's?
eggosmile.gif

I dunno, I have both and to me they both seem to have to same amount of detail IMO of course. The 5 is great for rock, and bassy music. The e4 is great for aucustic and jazz. I am trying to keep one and sell the other but I like both.

Its debatable like Mr. Milkpowder said.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:15 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
This is debatable. Use the search function. There has been much discussion over this matter.

The general consensus was that the person doing the reviewing didn't do a very good job. If the reviewer actually did hear a difference then it was a fluke and it's unlikely that the vast majority of e4gs out there will sound differently. Imo the cognition that he was listening to e4gs which were "designed with gaming in mind" played a major role in effecting how the reviewer perceived the sound.

Mar 21, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Medikit
The general consensus was that the person doing the reviewing didn't do a very good job. If the reviewer actually did hear a difference then it was a fluke and it's unlikely that the vast majority of e4gs out there will sound differently. Imo the cognition that he was listening to e4gs which were "designed with gaming in mind" played a major role in effecting how the reviewer perceived the sound.

?? What I referred to as debatable was how the E4 compared to the S.fi 5Pro.

Anyway, I HIGHLY doubt that the different E4's sound differently. What i don't understand is why Shure bothered with making so many different versions of the exact same IEMs save the different chord length and colour. My guess is that they want to increase their audience by appealing not only to "audiophiles" but also to those who "game" on their PSPs and what-not...

Mar 21, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder
?? What I referred to as debatable was how the E4 compared to the S.fi 5Pro.

Anyway, I HIGHLY doubt that the different E4's sound differently. What i don't understand is why Shure bothered with making so many different versions of the exact same IEMs save the different chord length and colour. My guess is that they want to increase their audience by appealing not only to "audiophiles" but also to those who "game" on their PSPs and what-not...

People that game on their PSPs would drop 3 big on E4's? I find that amusing!
What kind of sound do those things produce? I'm too ignorant, I guess.

I game on my PC, and the E4's are worse than MDR-V300s from Sony for gaming. This is why the Omnipotent One gave those guys over at Beyerdynamics the inspiration for DT 700/80 Pros!
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back