Shure E3c's vs. Etymotic ER-6's vs Others, Help Please.
Apr 4, 2004 at 5:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

EEisen07

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy a nice pair of headphones and i am sure that i want earbud head phones. My dad has a pair of the Etymotic Er-4's and the sound is great. After i listen to them for awhile they begin to get uncomfortable in my ears. I am looking mainly at the Shure E3c's and The Etymotic ER-6's ($200 is my maximum price to spend). I was seeing if anyone could offer their advice on which of those two to go with, also if they're are any others. Thanks.

Apr 4, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #2 of 5
ER-6 are quite invasive - they go quite deep into your ears. It takes most people some time to toughen up their ear canals (get use to things stuck in their ears).

Other reviewers had said that the Shure do not protrude as far in, but that does not necessarily it means you will find them more comfortable to wear.

Apr 4, 2004 at 8:11 PM Post #3 of 5
Yeah, my er6s and 4p's go in a bit deeper than the Shure E3's I tried. For me personally it was a more comfie fit for the etys though. Obviously lots of people have different opinions on this, so YMMV.

Apr 4, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 5
i've only used the E3c, so i can't give a direct audio comparison, besides there's plenty of threads for that already. but in terms of comfort, i've never had anything jammed in my ear like this before, always used earbuds or open phones, but i don't find it to be that intrusive. true it takes a bit of getting used to in the first day or two, and it's awkward when i first insert it, but once it's in, it's like i'm not even wearing anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 5
YMMV = your mileage may vary, by the way. kinda like, every person will have their own opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back