Shure E3c vs Ety er6 for my needs
May 24, 2005 at 1:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Thisp

100+ Head-Fier
First of all it'll be used with a (new) Karma. I heard the shures can be too loud with volume level 1 on the karma: can this be the case? I can't have that because I liked being able to turn the volume low with my koss plugs since they isolated. I could blow my ears off without paying $110 to do so with normal buds if I felt like blocking out noise, it seems to defeat the purpose of a canalphone if it is too loud with such low power levels.

I do have otitis media which I am trying to straighten out so I don't have the best hearing for now, but this may still be an issue. If anyone could recommend cheap volume limiters(something like the doodad on the Sennheiser MX500) that doesn't degrade the sound quality, I'm all ears.
smily_headphones1.gif
No amps though.

I use Alessandro MS1s now as my main headphone, and I love 'em. I listen to a lot of progressive metal, melodic metal, and a little of everything but that's the majority. I'd want a canalphone that sounds as close to them as possible but cheaper than $110, shures just made it in. All together I'd like the karma and headphones to be cheaper than the average 20 gig DAP.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back