Shure E2G 3.5mm Connector
Mar 22, 2006 at 1:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ancalagon

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a set of Shure E2Gs for my gf but need to confirm one thing before I make the purchase. What shape 3.5mm stereo connector do they have? I've asked an online store and the manufacturer but niether have replied.

I need to know if the 3.5mm stereo connector is straight (as shown in the image below) or L-shaped?

I myself am going to get a set of Etymotic ER6i (black) headphones.

Mar 22, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 7
Hi,

The E2C is L-shaped.
So are the phones from Ultimate Ears.
The connector on the E4C is the same except that it's white ^_^
The connector on the ER6i is also L-shaped. In fact, it looks so generic I can't tell it apart from your generic Sony earphones plugs.

What ISN'T L-shaped:
Apple Earbuds :p
Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser eH350
Sennheiser HD555
Beyerdynamic DT880

It looks like the headphone plugs are straight, and the IEMs are L-shaped. I think the Ety ER4 is L-shaped as well, but I can't remember.

-hope this helps. By the way, your local hardware/electronics shop should have some connectors so you can make it straight, or you could do some work on it yourself.

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:22 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for answering the question for me kitaoji, much appreciated. I don't care what shape the connectors are, but my gf purchased a hard case for her iPod Nano and L-shaped connectors won't allow her to plug in anything but a straight 3.5mm connector. I'll pass on the information to her.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Mar 22, 2006 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 7
I own the E2G specifically. Just confirming tha tit is indeed L-shaped.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #6 of 7
I think a good idea would be to get her a pair of decent 'phones (prob with an L-shaped connector) and get her (from RadioShack if you have to) a short extention that ends in a straight connector

just a thought

Thebrain

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:31 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbgalg
mevyn, you need an anatomy lesson!!

rofl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back