Shure e2c's don't fit well
Jun 5, 2004 at 2:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DBT

New Head-Fier
I just got my e2c's today. They sound pretty good except the treble seems to be pretty subdued compared to my HD-600's. However, my real problem is that they don't seem to fit very well even with the small foam or flex earpieces. It is quite hard to get them into my ear canals. Does Shure by any chance sell an even smaller version of the flex earpiece? I would rather not go with the foam earpieces as they would need to be replaced somewhat often, and are quite expensive at 2 dollars a pair
mad.gif

If no smaller sizes are available, is there a custom fit earmold option, and if so, how much would it cost?

Thanks.

Jun 5, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #2 of 4
You can buy earplugs at your local pharmacy (or supermarket/hardware store) and make a hole through the middle. Salvage the plastic tube that comes with the stock earplugs or buy plastic tubing of that size. Force it through the modded earplug. This offers better isolation AND better sound as a result of this...

I will post pics of this process in a few days...

Cheers!

Jun 5, 2004 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 4
DBT
HI: I have the E2 and use the small tips. The tips don't go in my ear canal but just go the the opening of it. The E3 and etys go in the ear canal. Thats why I like the comfort of the E2 a lot better than those. Just put the E2 in your ear and to the beginning of the ear canal and twist a little to set them for a good seal. Don't try to get them to go in the ear canal but just to cover the opening of it. When done right the E2 outer piece will sit in the ear up against it and be very confortable. I hope this helps you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back