Shure E2c or E3c
Jun 16, 2005 at 6:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

Underdog311

100+ Head-Fier
Sup fella's, I am going to upgrade from my sony EX-71's (finally) and after reading posts I decided to go Shure (unless anyone else has a case). So which should i get? i do not want to spend over $150 bucks since i am still having to be semi-budget conscience. So should i just get some e2's or go for e3's. looks like the e3's are about $65 more. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

p.s. Im currently using a Sony HD3

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:10 AM Post #2 of 30
well, if you ganna upgrade again say in 4 month, then I suggest you get e2c. If you not ganna upgrade for another year, then go get e3c. There is a big gap between e2c and e3c, but smaller gap between e3c to e4c. I can assure you that you will want to upgrade after you hear the sound from one of these Shure earphones.

Hope this helps you. For myself, I just go straight to e4c.

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 30
I probably wouldnt upgrade for another 6 months or so, but then again i am very spontanious so ya never know...

Another thing I forgot to mention was that i listen to mostly rap/rock/pop stuff, no classical or nature sounds or audiobooks. Thanks again!

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:27 AM Post #4 of 30
i must agree with solvexyz. You`d be better of if you go for the e3 right now. If you get the e2, youll like them initially but after that you will start wondering what the e3 would be like. After that youll start wondering what the e4 are like
tongue.gif
, but you are on a budget. And the e3 are the best within that budget.

Jun 16, 2005 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 30
I have the E2 and the E5 and have auditioned the E3 and E4. When I was comparing the entire Shure line I felt that there was a very nice linear progression from the 2 to the 5. As such, I would recommend the E3 over the E2. As with all things though, your milage may vary. If you're a "bass head", you may prefer the E2, "detail freaks" would prefer the E3. Good luck with your purchase.
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pietenkees
i must agree with solvexyz. You`d be better of if you go for the e3 right now. If you get the e2, youll like them initially but after that you will start wondering what the e3 would be like. After that youll start wondering what the e4 are like
tongue.gif

I just got my e2's today and I can see this point. I may post on the e2s.

Jun 16, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 30
After a ton of research, I choose the E3's and they sound so good "to me" I still haven't upgraded. They're just great for my on the go, not paying much attention listening habits and while I'm sure I'll upgrade eventually to a dual driver can, I'm in no big hurry to do so.

Jun 16, 2005 at 5:23 PM Post #8 of 30
I have had the e2c for a couple of months now and am very seriously looking into the e4c, due to the better sound (since the e2c sound very good) the smaller design, removable sound tube,etc. I would go with the e3c, the e3c is deffinately just a starter, I think amazon sells the e3c for $112.
thebrain

Jun 16, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #9 of 30
I've found whenever I have these dilemnas that if I buy the lesser product I end up upgrading that much sooner - so it's a false economy. If I were torn between the E2 and the E3 my best move would be to buy the E4
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:00 PM Post #10 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by BillC
I've found whenever I have these dilemnas that if I buy the lesser product I end up upgrading that much sooner - so it's a false economy. If I were torn between the E2 and the E3 my best move would be to buy the E4
evil_smiley.gif

Hard point to argue, based on my personal experience of course.

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif

lol I am now actually considering this option. I am looking around to find the best price, and i see there are E4's and E4c's. Whats the difference? And you guys are so helpful, by far head-fi.org is the friendliest group of people I have found on message boards. Thanks guys, and I think my wallet is starting to fear because my initial budget of $150 is quickly raising to accomodate something even better
etysmile.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:15 AM Post #12 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pietenkees
tongue.gif

Boy, you're not kidding. Right now I'm wondering what the E5's are like. As well as the UE Super.fi Pro's.

Jun 17, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #13 of 30
The e4's and the e4c's are exactly the same other than the e4's are black and the e4c's are white. The e4c are being released sooner, so you have a better chance of gettng them now. The e4c's are around $180-200, so only $30-40 above your budget to ensure you dont have to upgrade for a while. As soon as I get the money I am getting the e4c's and I have the e3c, so learn from my mistake
biggrin.gif
, but the e4c werent available when I got my e3c's, so I did ok.
orphsmile.gif

Jun 17, 2005 at 4:28 AM Post #14 of 30
Ahh..I see. So the E4c is probably for the ipod peeps. I am using a HD3, black, so I prefer black 'phones. The only thing I am leary about is the hiss the HD3 has and if it will be that much more noticable with E2's, E3's, or E4's.

Jun 17, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #15 of 30
Quote:

evil_smiley.gif

Couldn't really fault you there, I'm listening to the E4 right now! They're beautiful! That goes for their sound and their looks too!
biggrin.gif
Besides, stretching one's budget is the head-fi way...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back