Shure e2 problem
Apr 2, 2004 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Paris

New Head-Fier
hiya .. been lurking here for some time and here's my virgin post
biggrin.gif

anyway.. after reading all the discussion .. i bought the e2s based on the fact of value for money.... keeping my fingers cross that the upgrade bug would not bite me too soon....
tongue.gif

so the problem i am facing is for the small size silicone sleeve that came that came with the e2.

i simply cant put the phones into the sleeves... its just too small !!!

did i get a defective sleeve or is it normal ?

thanks in advance

Apr 2, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 7
If its anything like the E3, they really do fit, but you have to work them in a bit. Try twisting them on, but be careful not to break the stem off.

Apr 2, 2004 at 5:13 PM Post #3 of 7
i went to measure the width of the phone stems againt the width of the small sleeves..

it seems to me that the width of the phone stems is slightly bigger than the sleeves and no matter how i try to wriggle the phone , i simply cant get it in
frown.gif

is it normal...

thaks a zillion

Apr 2, 2004 at 6:26 PM Post #4 of 7
How much is "slightly bigger"? We have two different types of clear sleeves, and one of them doesn't fit the E2.

In general, all of our sleeve options have a great deal of friction, and could be seen as tough to install on a nozzle. It might just be that.

To put it into perspective, the E2 nozzle is just undr 0.2" (0.194" to be exact). The diameter of the part of the E2 clear sleeve that goes on the nozzle is 0.188".

The diameter of the E1/E3/E5 nozzle is 0.13", and the diameter of the part of the E1/E3/E5 clear sleeve that goes on the nozzle is 0.115" (almost half the size of the E2 sleeve).

I think you may have emailed me, did you get my response?

Apr 2, 2004 at 7:37 PM Post #5 of 7
not meaning to threadjack but!

i was wondering if you could get a custom molded earpiece that would be able accomdate all shure/ety products

that way i could start now with the e2 and when i have more money move to the e5 and keep this one ear mold?

Apr 2, 2004 at 8:07 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng

i was wondering if you could get a custom molded earpiece that would be able accomdate all shure/ety products

that way i could start now with the e2 and when i have more money move to the e5 and keep this one ear mold?

I'd also like to know if this is possible, I don't get the full sound out of my e2c's because they don't fit in my ears all the way . . .
frown.gif

Apr 5, 2004 at 6:46 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by sleepkyng

I don't think so as the nozzle dimension of the E2 is thicker compared with the E1/E3/E5/Ety ER-4P. Any custom molding that you get for your E2 would be too loose on the E3/E5/Ety ER-4P nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back