Shure customer service became bad or something?
Aug 24, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #16 of 36
I was actually being nice on the phone. What pissed me off was the lady that claimed I broke them, by saying something like

If the cable is cracking you will probably have to pay for the repair cause broken cables are NOT gonna happen from regular use. The internet proves otherwise, these cables will crap out from normal use. I hope the new cable does not give me the same problem. I had the shure e3s and that never happened.

Well, I should just return them and see what happens. If its free ill keep them, if I have to pay, I'll sell them.

Aug 25, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 36
That's unfortunate. I have been to the massive Shure headquarters in Niles, IL a couple times and they have barely said a word about any returns. It's been like instant switch out of a new pair. Perhaps they are cracking down wondering if people are trying to scam them getting new IEM's??? I hope not. Send Sugarfried a PM and see what he thinks.

And don't think UE customer service is any better. There is a thread here with horror stories there as well.

Aug 25, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #18 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I should just return them and see what happens.

That is exactly what you should do. There is a return form on the Shure website. Just fill it out and send it back with the product. Use a form of delivery that provides you with confirmation of delivery.

Aug 25, 2007 at 12:14 AM Post #19 of 36
Mr Iriver, are you located in the U.S.? If so, you absolutely should do what several have said and just print the warranty form and send it all in. There will be no problem. I've never called Shure about warranty repairs. They have always promptly sent me replacement phones for mine when they went defective (E2Cs 3 times! - shorts in left channel).

Can't explain your phone experience, but it seems very strange the rep would say it was your abuse w/o seeing the phones. Maybe that rep just isn't informed about the known wire issue?

As Dextor Morgan pointed out, Shure will actually cover this defect beyond the 2 year warranty. In my experience, they have outstanding customer service. The ease and speed of getting warranty repairs and their support on this wire split issue are my reasons for believing that.

Aug 25, 2007 at 2:19 AM Post #20 of 36
im amazed at the reaction of shure about the cable and it sounds very odd indeed as shure has stated an exchange would be imediate if this issue happened because they know that it happens and they have even remade the cable recently to counter the issue,this is why im suprised at the response you got and find it with the utmost respect very hard to believe,as far as im concerned the shure service has been very good indeed,i explained that i ripped one of my foam tips and they just asked my address in an email and sent me a pack of 5,i mean who can complain at that
tongue.gif
deffinately have words with sugerfried and who knows he personally may be able to sort out your issue,maybe with a finger point in the face of those mean representatives
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 26, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #21 of 36
Has anyone heard from sugarfried? I sent him a PM 3 days ago about my E3C's cable cracking but he hasn't responded yet. I'm thinking of just sending in my E3C's with a return form but I'm in Canada so I'm not sure if it should be Shure in the U.S. or their Canadian division (the Canadian one seems to be run by a company called SF Marketing). Should I send it to the U.S. anyway?

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by crash013 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone heard from sugarfried? I sent him a PM 3 days ago about my E3C's cable cracking but he hasn't responded yet. I'm thinking of just sending in my E3C's with a return form but I'm in Canada so I'm not sure if it should be Shure in the U.S. or their Canadian division (the Canadian one seems to be run by a company called SF Marketing). Should I send it to the U.S. anyway?

Send an e-mail to the Canadian one. That's where I went to get my E4Cs fixed up. The e-mail is for an RMA is personalaudio@sfm.ca.

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:31 AM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I guess you guys can start welcoming me to team Ultimate ears cause this is just unacceptable.

You're better off with Ultimate Ears anyway. Their a really honorable company and have great customer service. If your willing to spend the money on the UE10s or UE11s you will be glad shure screwed you over, because the Ultimate Ears customs are that much better!

I promise

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #24 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by azncookiecutter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Send an e-mail to the Canadian one. That's where I went to get my E4Cs fixed up. The e-mail is for an RMA is personalaudio@sfm.ca.

Sent an email to them and they said they won't take care of it since its out of warranty.
frown.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:48 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Sent an email to them and they said they won't take care of it since its out of warranty.
frown.gif

send them another email telling them your totally dissapointed and you will take your money to ultimate ears next time,if they dont do nothing for you the least you can do is pi$$ them off and make them feel bad
icon10.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #27 of 36
Quote:

frown.gif

Thats weird, I sent mine into Shure USA(being located in the US) pretty sure it was out of warranty and they replaced them.

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:47 PM Post #29 of 36
If you haven't heard back from SF, try sending a PM to turkishdelight. He also works for Shure and participated on the thread where they stated they'd repair the cable regardless of warranty. You might want to reference that thread (search for "cable poll") in your message to him to demonstrate that you're aware of their statements. The only way I can see them denying you here is if it doesn't apply to international returns. This might be the case as I'm not sure they handle those.

Aug 27, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #30 of 36
Hi,

same thing here with my E500's. the right side earbud looks like its gonna fall off! anywyas i contacted Shure and they were super nice and pleasent about it. They said just send in that form along with the buds itself and they gladly replace it at no charge.

when calling customer support you should always start out by being nice and how do i say this.... nice and clueless(?)... when i was talking to the lady, i just told them one day i tried them on and to my surprize, it looked like something was wrong, they look as if they will fall off. be vague. then if they start asking you stuff answer in a good tone. I find that almost always should work. Tell them it should be under warranty. If it is, which all E500's/E530's should be at this time, they should tell you that you can send it in to the address as follows...

on a side note, both of my earbuds fell into a cup of water one day! it was a freakish accident and i let them dry off a bit turned them on a few hours later thinking OMG!!!>..,. $300+ headphones broke!!!> but to my suprize they worked just the same as before! I feel so lucky...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back