Shure customer service became bad or something?
Aug 24, 2007 at 1:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Mr Iriver

1000+ Head-Fier
Im so mad rite now I think I may never buy another Shure item ever again. I use to be in this site like all the time, but once I bought my shure SE530pth I stopped coming back as I had found with them what I thought was the best sounding portable in this planet. I have tried all the top of the line IEMs except for the sensas, and westones. And to me the Shure SE530 are the best

So many of you may be asking why I may never buy another shure product ever again if I love the SE530s so much. Well, their customer service used to be good when I had my e3s, but today I called and I'm so angry. Like a lot of the users have experienced, the wire for the left earphone is cracking/spliting. Expecting once again the good customer from sure I called TWO different people to get the same response. These two people are the repair specialiest or something at shure.

I tell them I bought the SE530 a few months ago, and what do they tell me.

THey are saying that is not normal tear/wear and I will have to pay for the repair. So what the hell is the point of the two year warranty when you wont take a product damaged by wear and tear. I mean, it is pretty damn well known that these cables damage from simple use. And I have to pay to repair the earphones, when it should be covered by warranty.

This sucks, Im gonna have to pay like over $100 for them to damage again in a few months. I guess you guys can start welcoming me to team Ultimate ears cause this is just unacceptable.

Aug 24, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 36
I'm surprised you got that reaction from them. How do they know it's not wear and tear until they see it? They can't diagnose it over the phone. I had a really good experience with them and most people here agree they have a great customer service. Seems you got unlucky. I'd call back and ask to speak to someone in authority, maybe the guys you spoke to gave you bum information.
And remind them of your warranty! These aren't $10 headphones after all.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #3 of 36
That is very strange. When I had my E500s and emailed customer support, before they even asked what kind of damage it was, they directed me to the warranty form.

Maybe they implemented a new wire design (again), that doesn't split/crack like it used to by the time you bought it, and they got tired of replacing so many earphones.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 36
You could try sending a PM to the Shure representant who's registered on this board. I can't remember his name though, can someone help?

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #5 of 36
Im just pissed. If I send them and they charge me, ima sell the ones i get back, and getting some UE10 pros or maybe the new upcoming ultimate ears ones.

Aug 24, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could try sending a PM to the Shure representant who's registered on this board. I can't remember his name though, can someone help?

That'd be Sugarfried, I believe.

Aug 24, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #8 of 36
I for one will never buy from Shure again. Their products have been nothing but problems for me.

Press the issue....there is more than enough proof on this site that it is not "wear and tear".

Aug 24, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #9 of 36
?? I RMA'd E500's twice in last 3 months, just printed out the Return/Repair Form that's on their website, stuffed everything i could into the carrying case, mailed them in, got new pair. I would just do that.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by James63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I for one will never buy from Shure again. Their products have been nothing but problems for me.

Press the issue....there is more than enough proof on this site that it is not "wear and tear".

Yeah. I told the two people on the phone about how they would easily find it is a common issue by lookin online.

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:09 AM Post #11 of 36
i also have a crack cable on the left side of the speaker too. i'll check with shure here in Hong Kong. i'll let y'all know if anything like that happen like that

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #12 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah. I told the two people on the phone about how they would easily find it is a common issue by lookin online.

I can attest to that, 3 sets in 3 years. 2 E3Cs because of the top part of the nozzle breaking and E4Cs for wire problem which led to the left earpiece not working. But their CS has always been great, its been 1 week so they should have just received my E4Cs.

Aug 24, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #14 of 36
Sugarfried is still active on these boards and has said very recently that Shure will repair any broken cables due to this well known cracking issue that's caused by oil/sweat on certain types of skin. In fact, Shure will make the repair even if it's past the two year warranty period! They care much more about pleasing you, the customer, than pleasing warranty conditions... trust me. Don't let your experience with the knucklehead(s) earlier today spoil your good will. It's very obvious to me that whomever you spoke with today was either pulling your chain or doesn't know what he's talking about. I would PM Sugarfried about your experience... it doesn't sound like everyone is on the same page over there.

BTW, if anyone ever gives you crap about this not being normal wear and tear, please direct them to the following poll/thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...500+cable+poll

Aug 24, 2007 at 11:46 AM Post #15 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im so mad rite now I think I may never buy another Shure item ever again. I use to be in this site like all the time, but once I bought my shure SE530pth I stopped coming back as I had found with them what I thought was the best sounding portable in this planet. I have tried all the top of the line IEMs except for the sensas, and westones. And to me the Shure SE530 are the best

So many of you may be asking why I may never buy another shure product ever again if I love the SE530s so much. Well, their customer service used to be good when I had my e3s, but today I called and I'm so angry. Like a lot of the users have experienced, the wire for the left earphone is cracking/spliting. Expecting once again the good customer from sure I called TWO different people to get the same response. These two people are the repair specialiest or something at shure.

I tell them I bought the SE530 a few months ago, and what do they tell me.

THey are saying that is not normal tear/wear and I will have to pay for the repair. So what the hell is the point of the two year warranty when you wont take a product damaged by wear and tear. I mean, it is pretty damn well known that these cables damage from simple use. And I have to pay to repair the earphones, when it should be covered by warranty.

This sucks, Im gonna have to pay like over $100 for them to damage again in a few months. I guess you guys can start welcoming me to team Ultimate ears cause this is just unacceptable.

for some reason, it makes me think you weren't the nicest person while talking to them on phone. I have to say, if someone were to get "pissy" with me on the phone I'd get "pissy" right back. I'm not saying you were, but start with a negative, end with a negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back