Shure + Amazing Customer Service
Apr 13, 2006 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mala

New Head-Fier
So, my month-old E2c's broke on Monday. for some odd reason the output on the left channel became nearly muted.

For other people having e2c problems; i believe the cause was bad wiring as the problem occured when i was un/re-plugging the phones back into my ipod after straightening out the wire.

but onto customer service:

I live in chicago and decided to take a ride out to shure's offices in Niles. First of all I called up for their office hours and the person who answered was helpful in listening to the problem and giving some quick directions.

I arrived their about 1/4 to 5pm (closing time) and the person at the desk didn't even ask any questions about warranties, proof of purchase, etc. Just simply made a quick inspection, and headed back to find some replacements. I couldn't have been there for more than 5 minutes.

All in all, it was a great customer service experience, and it'll keep me a Shure customer for years to come. (not to mention going back to iBuds for 2 days was horrible
basshead.gif
)

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 12
Well Shure is sure known for superb customer service!
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 2:44 AM Post #3 of 12
I had a problem with bad wiring - my e2c's would only play if the cord near the plug were bent in an odd way. Sent an email near the end of the warranty. They took a while to respond, then asked some questions, then wanted the number painted on the plug, then wanted a receipt. When I finally had the information they wanted, they said the warranty was now expired and they would not fix them. This was particularly annoying as the cord problem had been discussed on this board and I believe Sugarfried had acknowleged it was a manufacturing defect.

I doubt I'll buy another Shure product.

Apr 13, 2006 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 12
^ How could they say your warranty has expired when its only nearing the expired date?

This is clearly unacceptable!
rolleyes.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 4:50 PM Post #5 of 12
They are normally able to tell the age of the headphone by the code on the plug. If that is affirmative, they will replace them without the receipt. If the plug age is over the warranty, they will request a receipt to check the actual sale date, in case you purchased old stock.
If you fail both tests, you still can take advantage of their cash replacement offer, and get a new pair at a substantial discount. The numbers on that offer are more in your favor with their more expensive units- there's only so much you can cut the e2's price. I believe they charge $55.00 for the e2's.

Apr 13, 2006 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 12
On contrary to Richard's experience , my product was beyond the warranty and yet they replaced it with new. So i am guessing it depends on which person you get. I always had good experience with them

Apr 13, 2006 at 7:09 PM Post #7 of 12
I just bought e2's recently and read the warranty card very closely.

It says 'basically' that when the phones are manufactured, a number is printed on them. if they then ship those phones to a retailer -and they sit on that retailers shelf for (just say 2 years) then you buy them - and they go defective - then your warranty is over and you are out of luck.

The warranty starts day 1 - when that number is printed on them in the factory.

*that is what they 'say' - but as people noted - they do make exceptions...

Apr 13, 2006 at 7:47 PM Post #8 of 12
Richard, maybe you could PM Sugarfried about this and he could do something to help you.
mad.gif

Apr 13, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #9 of 12
I've mentioned my experience before but the customer care I had from Shure was first rate. I emailed them asking about how easy it would be to remove the centre stalk from the E2c case as I felt it was putting extra stress on the cable when I put them away. They replied asking my postal address as the E4c comes in a case without the stalk in the middle. 3 days later I got a package from the US (I live in the UK) and there was a new Shure case sent to me for free.

Apr 14, 2006 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin
They are normally able to tell the age of the headphone by the code on the plug.

How do you read the age of the plug? Mine reads 3135.

Aug 14, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #11 of 12
Resurrecting an old thread here. I recently received my E500s. I tried the level attenuator for the first time yesterday and the right ear didn't work. Emailed Shure last night and they are sending me a new one today. I know it's only a small example, but I thought it was worth writing about since they were so quick to respond.

Thanks to the folks at Shure.

Sep 1, 2006 at 10:39 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by boschtb
I know it's only a small example, but I thought it was worth writing about since they were so quick to respond.

Thanks to the folks at Shure.

Shure has such Great Customer Service, whether it's big or small. I needed nozzles for the e4s; I got them in two days. I sent back my e4s for new cable booties; I got a set back in three days! This is why I just buy Shure - I've got a set of e4's over at my sister's place in Tucson, one at home and I'll be ordering another backup set for my Hornet. Great job, Shure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back