Shure 535 vs. Noble 4
Jun 3, 2014 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

ArchetypeS

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I am getting ready to pull the trigger on a new set of earbuds and I think I narrowed it down to the Shure 535 and Noble 4. I'm looking for fairly musical sounding earbuds that will immerse mento the music while still allowing me to listen analytically. I listen to a lot of indie including some heavy rock, post rock and metal but, not much hip hop.

Anyone have experience with either of these that can offer some feedback. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Jack

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #2 of 13
If by musical you mean fun, dynamic, and engaging I don't think I could recommend the shures. I sold mine quickly after buying them because they struck me a little boring, especially for metal.

That was my experience listening through an iPhone 5 and a headroom micro stack.

Jun 16, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 13
  I've never heard the Noble, but I agree with the previous comment on the 535. If I were you, I'd consider the Westone W4. Great cross between fun and analytical. 

I really really love my w4, but I'm not so sure its fun either.  It's fantastically analytical, but maybe not so much fun.  

I would consider the TF10's fun and engaging, but after spending the past six months with the w4r's, I could never go back.  

This is a tough one :frowning2:

Jun 17, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #5 of 13
Thanks a lot guys for the input! I really appreciate it. Music and the way it sounds are important to me. So, I tend to get pretty picky... I bought the noble 4 but, I don't think they're my cup of tea unfortunately.

I swear I'd love to open a store wear you could audition earbuds for fit and sound prior to purchasing. However, I have a feeling the amount of people that care this much is a very small niche market.

Thanks again for the thoughts...

Jun 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 13
What aspects of the noble are not to your liking?

I have not heard them yet.

Jun 24, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #7 of 13
Just posted my early impression review of the noble 4. -link

It's not the earphone for you if you want to be immersed.

Enthusiast audio shops are very successful and popular in Singapore, the most prominent of which would probably be Jaben.
I guess it depends on the culture though.

Jun 25, 2014 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 13
  Just posted my early impression review of the noble 4. -link

It's not the earphone for you if you want to be immersed.

Enthusiast audio shops are very successful and popular in Singapore, the most prominent of which would probably be Jaben.
I guess it depends on the culture though.

Thank you for the insight.  After reading those impressions, I would really be curious as to your thoughts on the w4.

Feb 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM Post #10 of 13
Sorry for the gravedig, but I've tried the 535, Audiofly AF180 (which beats the 535), and the Noble 4. The noble 4 beats both the 535 and the AF180, and you can't go wrong with dual pin connectors (mmcx connectors break easy and are harder to remove)
Nobles are subjective to tips, so the fit could be either really bassy, balanced with bass or even with no bass, it's up to you. Noble has the best build quality I've seen too, same build quality as my heir 3ai.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #11 of 13
Sorry for the gravedig, but I've tried the 535, Audiofly AF180 (which beats the 535), and the Noble 4. The noble 4 beats both the 535 and the AF180, and you can't go wrong with dual pin connectors (mmcx connectors break easy and are harder to remove)
Nobles are subjective to tips, so the fit could be either really bassy, balanced with bass or even with no bass, it's up to you. Noble has the best build quality I've seen too, same build quality as my heir 3ai.

Not quite sure I agree with your mmcx opinion . my 215s have lasted 4 years of running abuse with no sign of wear.

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #12 of 13

Not quite sure I agree with your mmcx opinion . my 215s have lasted 4 years of running abuse with no sign of wear.

True, but if you screw around with the MMCX (disconnecting / connecting) they'll start cutting out. It's pretty solid but I don't like how hard it is to remove cables compared to 2 pins

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #13 of 13
True, but if you screw around with the MMCX (disconnecting / connecting) they'll start cutting out. It's pretty solid but I don't like how hard it is to remove cables compared to 2 pins

Yeah I don't think it was meant to be hot-swappable.
I've already bent the pins on my Noble 4 though, I don't like how the pins aren't supported by shell housing around the plastic part of the plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back