1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

shure 440 vs shure 550 dj vs shure 240 vs grados sr60

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by dooodstevenn, Dec 26, 2011.
  1. dooodstevenn
    What do you guys think of those four headphones? In no way do i need to monitor or edit music, i just want a set that i will enjoy with music, games, and movies.  i listen to a wide range from bassy dub step to high classical music. i'd like to think im pretty neutral when it comes to prefering bass to neutral sound, but i have to admit I like my bass, but i hate it when its over powering and gets boring.  so what of the four would you guys recommend for good highs, mids, and lows, but a bit more emphasis on the low/bass?

ive read alot about the 440's and 550 dj and alot of people seem to like them, from what ive read the 550's have a pretty darn good bass, while keeping the mids and highs crisp and clean, people are pretty content with their 240's after break in, but i have a feeling it will disappoint me since im really picky.  i havent really found much on the sr60's but what i have found is that they arnt very comfy, and everything seems kind of "bright" as they tend to favor the higher frequencies? right now i can get these headphones at these prices:

Shure 440 -65 slightly used////100 new
    shure 550 dj 100 new
    shure 240 60 new
    grados sr60- 60 slightly used///80 new

im really trying to pinch my pennies here, what seems like the best deal for my needs, i can try the shure 240 and 550 dj but i would have to buy them and return them.  the 440's and sr60's arnt in any stores around here, and i dont want to deal with returning them by mail and what not.