Shure 425 or Westone UM Pro 20
Apr 27, 2015 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

alexmae

New Head-Fier
Hi, my current set of shure 215 is starting to have cable problems so I'm looking to upgrade.
I've narrowed it down to a few choices available from the local shops, with the shure 425 as my first choice.  The 215 is the most comfortable iem I've worn so I'm drawn to that design.
Audio source will be from samsung yp-u5, nano 4g and 6g, and sansa clip zip.
The top part of the list are all in my current budget, but could stretch to include the lower part if the sound quality increase is worth it.

Current list of IEM within my budget from cheapest to most expensive:
PHILIPS FIDELIO S1 /BK
AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-CKR7
SONY XBA-A1AP 
WESTONE UM PRO 10
PHILIPS FIDELIO S2 /BK
WESTONE W10
SHURE SE425/SILVER
WESTONE    UM PRO 20   
SONY XBA-A2 
------------------------------------------------------------
WESTONE W20
SONY XBA-A3
AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-CKR9
SENNHEISER IE80

Or should I stick with the 215 and get a portable amp like the TEAC HA-P50 instead?

thanks for any advice

May 31, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #5 of 7
I am a satisfied owner of the W40s, they're awesome! Prior to buying them I tried the W10 to the W60s and the UM PRO 20s and 30s. I found that the UM PRO ones have a more acoustic sound compared to the W series, the W series having a deeper much better sounding bass. Personally if I were you I'd try to get the W30s by any cost, the UM PRO 20 and 30 I didn't find very different sounding at all, the W20 and 30s I did find very different, with the W30 being better in both higher and lower frequency ranges. To answer your question about the E11 I would recommend trying to get a good quality music player or a DAC for your phone or iPod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back