Shuoer impressions thread
Oct 11, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #3,781 of 3,872
The specific reason is I don't want to keep anything on my chart I don't personally want. I had to modify the 07m to hit my preferences.. a bit. Yes its a great IEM! It's near perfect but I really only settle for perfection (in my opinion anyhow). The 07m has the shortest bore ever and creates extra pinna gain for myself and it's offputting. Had to fix it.

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:01 AM Post #3,783 of 3,872
The specific reason is I don't want to keep anything on my chart I don't personally want. I had to modify the 07m to hit my preferences.. a bit. Yes its a great IEM! It's near perfect but I really only settle for perfection (in my opinion anyhow). The 07m has the shortest bore ever and creates extra pinna gain for myself and it's offputting. Had to fix it.
Thanks a lot for clarifying! :)

Oct 12, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #3,784 of 3,872
EJ07 has hiqh quality treble.
There is nothing high-quality in them, they are simply not here. :) EJ07 - headphones for people who are sensitive to high frequencies and who simply do not need them. And I don't need headphones without high frequencies. I had them for a long time, until I sold them and my heart felt better. Why do we need as many as 4 EST here, it is not clear at all and the distant high frequencies are not heard at all, they are playing somewhere in the dark.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #3,786 of 3,872
There is nothing high-quality in them, they are simply not here. :) EJ07 - headphones for people who are sensitive to high frequencies and who simply do not need them. And I don't need headphones without high frequencies. I had them for a long time, until I sold them and my heart felt better. Why do we need as many as 4 EST here, it is not clear at all and the distant high frequencies are not heard at all, they are playing somewhere in the dark.
Well, that's your opinion, you have right to have one :wink:

Nov 6, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #3,789 of 3,872
On the website https://hbb.squig.link/

What is the difference between EJ07, EJ07M, xHBB EJ07M and xHBB EJ07M 2?

There are 4 different curves for very similar sounding names. And I'm confused. Which is the one people call "Kinda Lava"? Thanks
Ej07 is the original resin based version. Ej07m is the mass produced version (metal shell). I have not heard the ej07, but the soundstage is supposed to be massive. I have the Ej07m, and I enjoy it. There are quite a few reviews out there. It has its flaws

Hbb x Ej07m is the kinda lava. xHBB Ej07m #1 is the preproduction target, and xHBB Ej07m #2 is what most folks received. Preproduction HBB had the midbass boosted and sub bass left the same. HBB #2 had sub bass reduced, midbass was left the same. Similar low end curve, but different low end quantity. I have not heard the kinda lava, but I assume I’d like it. Audibly, I don’t think the differences between the Ej07m and the KL are as drastic as the graphs suggest.

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #3,790 of 3,872
To me they're definitely there, but they sit behind the mids and other instruments. Perhaps you're listening at a lower volume? I do agree that at low-mid volumes it's hard to hear the treble, but the 07 isn't made for that volume range. It excels and scales incredibly with volume. For reference with the 07 I listen at around 75-85db, and at that volume you want the treble to be "darker" or it'll kill your ears. As for the EST my guess is that 2 of them are used for uppermids to make vocals smoother, and the other 2 for air. Just a guess though.

Nov 7, 2022 at 6:33 PM Post #3,791 of 3,872
On the website https://hbb.squig.link/

What is the difference between EJ07, EJ07M, xHBB EJ07M and xHBB EJ07M 2?

There are 4 different curves for very similar sounding names. And I'm confused. Which is the one people call "Kinda Lava"? Thanks
Original 07 is the most lean, slight sub-bass, least treble, and scales the best with volume. Has the best staging to me.
07M has the most sub-bass. Increased treble over OG 07.
KL is the warmest with more mid-bass than 07M and 07.
KL and 07M has similar treble but 07M is sub-bass focused where KL is mid-bass focused.

Nov 8, 2022 at 2:02 PM Post #3,792 of 3,872
To me they're definitely there, but they sit behind the mids and other instruments. Perhaps you're listening at a lower volume? I do agree that at low-mid volumes it's hard to hear the treble, but the 07 isn't made for that volume range. It excels and scales incredibly with volume. For reference with the 07 I listen at around 75-85db, and at that volume you want the treble to be "darker" or it'll kill your ears. As for the EST my guess is that 2 of them are used for uppermids to make vocals smoother, and the other 2 for air. Just a guess though.
I listen to music at a comfortable volume and EJ07 easily controlled headphones, so there can be no mistake. It's just how the EST driver is implemented in them. My favorites for implementing EST are UM MEST MKII and Yanyin Moonlight and in both of these sets, all the details are perfectly audible at high frequencies.

Nov 8, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #3,793 of 3,872
I listen to music at a comfortable volume and EJ07 easily controlled headphones, so there can be no mistake. It's just how the EST driver is implemented in them. My favorites for implementing EST are UM MEST MKII and Yanyin Moonlight and in both of these sets, all the details are perfectly audible at high frequencies.
When you say comfortable, what volume are you listening at? Maybe I'm just sensitive to high frequencies because the MEST OG/MK2 were both way too aggressive for me when I listened loud (80-85db). Haven't tried the moonlight so can't talk much on that, but ya 07 tends to push treble into the background which I prefer since it allows the mids/vocals to be emphasized and shine (also I'm not much of a treble guy so ya), but I can definitely see why it may be a no-go for others though.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:08 AM Post #3,794 of 3,872
When you say comfortable, what volume are you listening at? Maybe I'm just sensitive to high frequencies because the MEST OG/MK2 were both way too aggressive for me when I listened loud (80-85db). Haven't tried the moonlight so can't talk much on that, but ya 07 tends to push treble into the background which I prefer since it allows the mids/vocals to be emphasized and shine (also I'm not much of a treble guy so ya), but I can definitely see why it may be a no-go for others though.
Talking about volume will not be appropriate, at all. Since all people have different hearing, players and their power, and the sound quality of the recording itself. For me, a comfortable volume is when I know how much the headphones themselves are voracious to the power of the player and how quiet or loud the recording itself is. And considering all this, I turn the volume up to the desired level, and since a person's hearing adapts to a certain volume, I can even gradually reduce it during listening, since hearing also gets used to the volume set. I have more than enough power source - QLS QA 361. He can easily rock many headphones. I do not know how the translator will convey all that I have just written, but I think that the meaning of what I have written will be clear to you. Each person has their own sensitivity to high frequencies. I also don't like the sound of a working sawmill, not softened and veiled high frequencies begin to annoy me. :)

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2022 at 11:33 PM Post #3,795 of 3,872
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to check out my observations.
BenF I guess we always hope the grass is greener with the next set of ciems.
CT007 I asked for and got the same stone as is used for their Conductors, and yes, these are indeed pictures of my ciems, they are beautiful. IMHO.
Spa03, such has been my continual experience with iems that the first thing, middle thing and last thing I do is push them in and try to get a great seal. These seal better than any iem I have ever used, and yet it is still a struggle to get a really good seal. My impressions are with a good seal, that is a prerequisite to any listening. What I confirmed with this pair is that if you want a perfect fit for customs, get the ear impressions made with your head in the position it will be in when you do the majority of your listening. Because of the instructions Letshuoer gives for doing the impressions, I followed them and once again took impressions with my head upright, BUT, since I listen primarily laying down, I should have taken them with my head laying down flat. So they seal best sitting. Not really what I need. But I can live with that.
Thanks for your comments guys.
God Bless,
Wayne
Ear canal widens when you lay down. I do suggest making impression with mouth piece and lay down for better seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back